Epilogue : A Future Built Together

The Birla House was standing tall in all it's grace. The sun was shining brightly in the sky on a fine Sunday afternoon of early summers. There was such a calmness in the atmosphere that relaxes a person. But the same couldn't be said about the insides of the pristine house.

“Karthik! Stop for once kiddo!”

Reem was reprimanding her 4 years old son who was tugging at Shreya's, the 4 year old daughter of Parth and Shefali, ponytail who was whining in protest.

The Goenkas were gathered at Birla House as both families were ready to head out for their monthly picnic.

Kairav ran to his son and stopped him. “Karthikkk... say sorry.” - he instructed gently yet firmly.

Karthik scrunched his nose in attitude but under the watchful eyes of his father, relented.

“Sorry.” - he said to Shreya, crossing his arms.

The elders laughed at his antics. Shreya stuck her tongue out at him and ran to her parents.

“Mumma, where's aunt Akshara ?” - she inquired about her second most favourite person in the family.

Shefali chuckled and flicked her daughter's nose with her finger affectionately.

“She is getting ready sweety. Will be here shortly.” - Shefali told her daughter and took her along to sit on the sofas.

But little Shreya sat beside Swarna, who was holding a two year old Shaan, AkSHara and AbhimANyu's son, in her lap. Shreya leaned closer and kissed the little fingers of her most favourite person in the family. Shaan giggled at his sister's love and her face lit up with a smile.

Talking about the parents of little Shaan, his mother was pressed against the wall beside the dresser by his father in their room, busy in a passionate lip lock. They both were ready to go as well and would have joined the family by now if he had not gone crazy over her dressed up in a yellow, off-shoulder, knee length sundress, her hair tied up in a messy but high ponytail.

He pressed further closer, and felt her little, 3 months older baby bump pressing into his stomach. He moaned into her mouth, the reminder that they were going to be parents for the second time, thrilling him on end.

Sensing her breathlessness, he broke the kiss and trailed his kisses down. Her head tilted back as she panted while her fingers roamed into his hair.

“Abhi... it'll leave... marks...” - she gasped out, making him groan and reluctantly pull back.

He was panting as well. His eyes as dark as midnight. They leaned their foreheads against each other and smiled.

“I'm seriously thinking to... send everyone on picnic while we... stay at home.” - he whispered, making her laugh.

“Let's make a deal. We go out with everyone and then we'll take an off and will go to some hill station. Then you can have me all to yourself.” - she suggested, her eyes twinkling and he grinned.

“Deal!” - he agreed enthusiastically and she laughed again.

“Come on now. Shaan must have tired out Badi Mumma by now.” - she said, linking their arms and dragging him towards the door.

He chuckled and let himself be dragged. Wherever she wanted.

~

Author's Note : Ah. The happily ever after. ❣️ We did a better job than DKP no ? 💃🏼

Anyways, it's time to move towards our next story now. 🥳 Since we have just finished an AbhiRa story so I need a break that's why ‘The Healer’ will remain on hiatus. I haven't decided yet whether the next one's gonna be LAWG, FLAWED or POF (Although, I'm inclined towards LAWG 🙈) so you can express your opinions as well which can help me taking a decision. 💕

Stay tuned! We will reunite on our next story soon! 🤞🏼✨

Happy Reading! ❤️
& Hasta La Vista 😎