Chapter 28 : The Inevitable Injury

“...and that's why I have a bad feeling about this.” - Akshara said, grimacing.

She was seated with Abhimanyu in his cabin during break where she told him the conversation she heard between Arohi and the unknown guy last night.

“Well... you are right to feel bad about this.” - he said after a while, his voice resigned. “Do you remember Mr. Ramani and his son ? They were at our reception...”

Her eyes widened. OF COURSE! That's why the name 'Rudra' sounded familiar. And that's why it radiated bad energy because she had not liked the way he was looking at her at the reception party!

“Yes. He is the same.” - Abhimanyu affirmed, noticing his wife's realization. “I am certain of it because Mr. Ramani is health minister and is opening a hospital in the city which is under the final process of construction.” - he explained further. “So... it is clearly something that'll interest Arohi.”

Akshara let out a deep groan. When will Arohi learn that career is important but not on the cost of your life or dignity!

“I need to talk to her.” - she sighed.

Although he knew Arohi will never listen to Akshara but he agreed that the later should talk to the former. But he was not going to let his wife do it alone and suffer from the stony attitude of her compassionless sister.

He scooted closer to her on the couch and held her hand between both of his. “You should talk to her, yes. But we both know that she is not gonna pay heed to whatever you will say or try to make her understand.”

She exhaled a long breath. Silently agreeing with him. “I know. But I can't leave her on her devices like that. Specially when I know she can fall into danger.”

“And we won't!” - he said with conviction. “We won't leave her alone. I'm just asking to not expect anything from her when you talk about all this. It's useless. But, I have a plan that'll not only save her but, HOPEFULLY, change her for good as well.”

She blinked. Leaving the support of the couch and sitting straight. He smiled and started talking.

“Listen carefully...”

~

Arohi was surprisingly home when Akshara visited that evening. She was lounged on her bed, cozily resting against the headboard. The laptop was in her lap while earbuds were tucked in her ears, loud music coming out of it all the way to the door where Akshara stood.

She knocked, making Arohi look up and a look of displeasure instantly took over her face. Ignoring that, Akshara walked into the room and sat on the bed.

“Ever since my marriage, we have not gotten the chance to sit and talk. Either I'm busy or you are. But luckily, I finally caught you free.” - Akshara said, smiling softly at her sister.

Arohi didn't return the smile but her face didn't hold the vexed look from moments before either.

“So how have you been ?” - Akshara asked.

“Fine.” - Arohi replied, uninterested.

“And what are you doing these days ? Badi Mumma told me you are preparing for the MD exam...”

Arohi smiled. The very superior and arrogant smile when she is about to tell something which will emphasize her importance.

“I am. And I already have been selected in the biggest hospital of the city which will come into running soon.” - she informed Akshara calmly. “You must have heard about R&R Health Hub ?”

Akshara inwardly smiled. That was what she was waiting for so that she could discuss about Rudra.

“Oh yes, I have. That's such a good news Aru!” - she exclaimed, smiling brightly but suddenly paused, slowly dimming her smile to catch Arohi's attention. “But, the health minister's son...” - she trailed off, her tone nervous.