Chapter 14 : The Melodies Of Love

"Manish ji... not like this."

The Goenka family was engrossed in dance practice. Swarna was correcting Manish's steps while Reem was acting as their choreographer. Akshara was leaning against a pillar, a peaceful smile on her face as she took in the chaotic sight.

'Everyone's working so hard..." - she thought, sighing.

'...I'm quickly winding up my surgeries and am practicing here in the free time as well...'

Abhimanyu's words rang inside her head and her smile softened further.

'He is working harder.' - she thought.

Her phone vibrating in her hands broke her reverie and she checked to see it was the devil himself. Her devil. Grinning, she sneaked upstairs as to not be seen because their families had strictly asked them to not talk till Sangeet. In case they try to cheat and help each other.

"Hey..." - she greeted, closing the door to her room.

"God I was dying to hear your voice!" - came his whine that made her chuckle.

She laid down on the bed and switched the call to video. His face came into view and she felt her heartbeat becoming regular. Normalize.

"And I was dying to see you." - she said in a trance as her eyes greedily roamed on his face.

Her leave had started that she had taken for the wedding hence, she didn't go to hospital today. Meanwhile he was extra busy these days in order to finish his lined-up surgeries so that he could take a leave as well for Jaipur. They had not seen each other since yesterday nor talked. So the desperation was real.

"You are glowing." - he commented making her chuckle.

"I went to parlour today. My bridal package has started so maybe that's why." - she told him grinning.

"Uh-hun." - he shook his head. "It's another glow. I guess, your would-be husband loves you immensely."

Her eyes gleamed while she continued to grin. "Well..." - she deliberately trailed off, teasing him and laughed heartily when he glared at her.

"Laugh your heart out sweetheart. I'll collectively take revenge in the evening." - he said, smirking.

Her cheeks flushed red both at the endearment and the warning.

"Akshu!" - Mimi shouted from downstairs.

Akshara gasped and sat up straight. "Abhi I'm going. If they saw me talking to you then world war 3!" - she said laughing, making him chuckle as well.

"Okay, take care." - he said as she stood up. "And listen!"

She looked at him in askance.

"I love you."

Her heart skipped a beat. She smiled, biting her lip and her heart skipped another beat when his gaze followed the movement. Her cheeks heated up again while her smile turned shy.

"I love you more." - she teased him just like he had been the other day.

His widening eyes was the only thing she saw before disconnecting the call. Chuckling to herself, she ran out of the room.

~

Abhimanyu descended the stairs dressed up in a black vest and shalwar with a pink long blazer over it. Just like last time, he was going to request Atif Aslam, Akshu's favourite singer, to attend their Sangeet. What surprised him was, the wedding was taking place in December this time but the singer was still in the town. It clearly meant, his surprise for Akshu was fixed in the stars regardless of the timeline.