Chapter 19 : Promising Forever

It was around midnight. Everybody in the resort was sound asleep with the exception of one Abhimanyu Birla. Because it was time to clear out another flaw and save everyone's mental peace. He quietly moved towards Akshu's room and as expected, found the door locked.

‘Good thing I came prepared.’ - he thought while pulling out the all lock picker from his pocket and unlocked the door.

He cautiously took steps inside as to not disturb her sleep and moved towards her luggage. But he didn't have to work hard as he found her lehenga in the first box itself.

Phew!

If anyone had just carefully kept it in the almirah, like he was doing now, then all that unnecessary drama had not taken place.

‘At least, this time around it'll be peaceful. After Haldi, Akshu will come to her room and will find her lehenga in the almirah.’ - a satisfied smile came on his face at that thought.

He looked at her, who was sound asleep with a slight smile on her face and he wondered, what was she dreaming about ? He walked towards her, slowly putting aside some hair from her face, and kissed her forehead.

“We will have a stress free and the most memorable day of our life tomorrow.” - he whispered lowly.

Staring at her for a moment more, he turned around and left the room just as quietly.

~

“Akshara has ground the turmeric so finely no.”

It was 11 the next morning. The Birlas were gathered around the poolside, ready to proceed with the Haldi ceremony, when Mahima commented that looking at the bowl of Haldi.

“I know right! There aren't any lumps either.” - Manjiri said, ecstatic.

Abhimanyu smirked and made a mental note to leave a heartfelt review for the powdered turmeric company from where he had ordered. They really had sent finely ground turmeric which easily got dissolved into the rose water.

“Let's get started. Then we have to send the Haldi to the bride as well.” - Manjiri said excitedly.

The Haldi ceremony went by smoothly. Although, the rituals took place separately but Abhimanyu was in peace as no drama would take place after. He even smiled when his father applied turmeric paste to him because it was his wedding and he wanted to enjoy every function to the fullest.

The real problem, according to him, was the colour of turmeric not leaving his face.

“Maa!” - he rushed to his mother in panic who laughed seeing his face. “This ain't funny! The colour is not going how will I face Akshu ?!” - he exclaimed, horrified while his mother tried to control her laughter.

“Don't worry. Add a spoon of lemon juice in lukewarm water and wash your face. The colour will be gone like it wasn't there.” - she instructed him grinning.

“Gosh! I already have a shortage of time to get ready for the wedding and now this!” - he whined.

Manjiri broke into laughter again. From nowhere he looked like a fully grown guy, getting married in a few hours. Rather, a 7 year old grumpy child throwing a tantrum.

“Okay I'll come with you and make you the lemon water. Come on!” - she said standing up and dragged him along herself.

~

Dressed up in a heavy, dark red bridal lehenga, with equally heavy jewellery pieces in neck, wrists, nose and ears, Akshara walked into the lawn like a princess where her family was awaiting her.

“Akshu...” - Swarna breathed out in awe.

Manish's eyes were rapidly tearing up as he gazed at his little Akshu who was not so little anymore. Who was grown up to the point that it was her wedding day.