Chapter 27 : Trouble Around The Corner

“I am on terrace. Looking at you.” - Abhimanyu said wistfully.

It was post midnight. Akshara was on call with Abhimanyu while pacing in the hallway outside her room. Everybody else in the house was sleeping but she had failed to put herself to slumber. She had become so accustomed to his warmth cocooning her that no comforter was able to provide her comfort anymore.

“Looking at me ?”

“Mmhmm. The shiniest star in the sky.” - he said and she could feel him smiling.

Her own lips curved into a beautiful smile. Her heart fluttering at the amount of love in his voice.

“In the sky.” - she emphasized, reminding him that he was her sky, and he gave out a soft chuckle.

She grinned as well. “Did you have dinner ?” - she asked. Wanting to know was he fine amid the feast and all.

“Yeah, with friends. They had been asking for a treat for marriage and since you weren't here so I grabbed the opportunity.” - he told her in an excited voice, making her chuckle.

“Oh. So the highlight is, you wait for me to go somewhere so that you can have fun with friends.” - she teased and her heart soared at his wholehearted laugh.

“No. The highlight is, I don't want to go anywhere when you are home.” - he said softly.

Her heart skipped a beat and she slumped against the wall. Her eyes closing in peace. They both remained quiet for a long while. Listening to each other's heartbeat. Speaking THEIR language which was beyond and above any language of the world.

“Why do you love me so much Abhi ?” - she asked rhetorically, bringing out another soft chuckle from him.

“I can ask you the same.” - he lightly retorted.

“Touché.” - she grumbled but smiling nonetheless.

Although, the smile suddenly dimmed when she heard voices coming from Arohi's room. She frowned. Aru was awake ?

“This weekend ? But my family is inviting my sister and brother-in-law on dinner. How will I-”

“God Arohi! Make up your mind. Career or these family dinners and all ?” - a male voice said, frustrated.

The phone was apparently on speaker and Akshara didn't like the tone with which he talked to her sister.

“Career of course!” - Arohi replied in a heartbeat.

“So it's decided then. This weekend. At my farmhouse. Sharp at 11 PM.” - the male voice stated decisively.

“Okay fine. I'll be there.” - Arohi said.

“That's the spirit! Now take your beauty sleep. We'll catch up in the morning. Bye!” - the male voice said.

“Bye.” - Arohi said, disconnecting the call. “God this Rudra...” - she sighed.

Akshara's frown deepened. Rudra ? Why did the name sound familiar ? And why did it give bad vibes ?

“Akshu!”

Abhi's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she realized she still had her phone, attached to her ear.

“Yeah...” - she replied quietly while retreating back from outside Arohi's room and entered her own.

“What happened ? Why did you go silent all of a sudden ?” - he asked worriedly.

She shook her head to clear out her head but her thoughts were jumbled. The feeling of ‘something isn't right’ settling deep into her gut.