Chapter 2 : A Charged Phone Can Do Wonders

*To not create any confusion,
Abhimanyu = the one from the future.
Abhi = his past self*

~

Abhimanyu ran a hand through his hair. Processing the realization he just had.

Okay. So he was back in time.

However silly it sounded, his believe on God was not letting him dismiss the idea. The idea was alien to the humans. The creation of the world. But not for the creator.

Now the question was, why was he there ?

‘...My use and value, unto you,
Are gauged by what you have to do...’

The writing on the hourglass came into his mind.

“What I have to do ?” - he asked himself, frowning. Because there must be a solid reason for which God had sent him back in time. Then it clicked his mind.

The mask festival...

Where he had met Akshara.

His heart skipped a beat. It meant... he had a chance to correct everything! Do it ALL OVER!

The door to the bathroom clicked open and he quickly went under the bed. His heart throbbing. Phew! That was a close call. He peeked out and saw Abhi getting ready infront of the dresser and another problem struck his mind. Quite major at that.

How would he change anything ? He couldn't just stand up infront of his past self and say that he was from the future now could he ?

‘Gosh! Why had he not been sent to his past body as well ?!’ - he thought, groaning inwardly.

Abhi grabbed the bag from the bed and made to head out but stopped beside the drawers.

‘Now what ?!’ - Abhimanyu thought impatiently.

Abhi opened the top drawer and pulled out Akshara's bracelet from it.

‘Oh yes.’ - Abhimanyu thought, his mouth shaping up in ‘o’.

Abhi stared at the bracelet for a long while before keeping it in his jeans pocket and left the room.

Abhimanyu came out from under the bed, dusting himself off. Now he got to know the staff doesn't brush off from under the bed.

“Well... it's just the start. Don't know how many more secrets are gonna come out...” - he said to himself, holding the hourglass necklace in his fist.

He didn't know how to make things right yet but he surely knew he was supposed to leave for the festival as well. Opening the window, he peeked down and saw Neil taking the car out. He clearly remembered that he had went to the festival on his bike.

‘Hmmm...’ - he ran the wheels of his brain and at last, a bulb went on.

“Bhaiiii!!! We'll get late!” - Neil shouted, running back inside the house.

Not wanting to miss the opportunity, he slid down the pipe, safely landing on his feet and jogged towards the car. He opened the hatchback and put aside the bags before laying down just in time to hear the footsteps of Neil and his past self.

“You go ahead. I'll follow you up.”

He heard Neil saying to Abhi and the car started.

‘Let's begin. Akshu, here I come.’ - he thought, somewhat nervous for reasons unknown.

~

The car came to a halt and he panicked. They had reached the hotel which meant Neil would open the hatchback for the bags. He carefully opened it and got down. Keeping in mind the rearview mirrors of the car, he ran away from there and hid behind a pillar.