Chapter 11 : Disastrous Day Turned Blissful

Wearing a greyish purple kurta shalwar along with dark pink stole dangling from his neck, Abhimanyu came down to the hall. His family was in a hustle and bustle as they were to leave for the temple because it was card pooja today.

And that's what had him all stressed.

He vividly remembered what had happened in card pooja last time. And the events that followed. Would they happen this time as well ? Or the things he already had changed will show their positive effect on the upcoming events ?

“Abhi!” - Manjiri's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. “Where are you lost ?” - she asked worriedly.

He shook his head in nothing and smiled.

“Come on! Akshu must be waiting...”

He had called Akshu and had jokingly asked her to be ready on time else her family would leave her behind. So the encounter with the goons was cancelled. He just hoped he will be able to correct the rest of the day as well.

~

Akshara twirled infront of Badi Mumma dressed up in a greyish purple lehenga with pink dupatta, the colours which she had coordinated with Abhimanyu. She was smiling from ear to ear. A happiness in her eyes that melted Badi Mumma's heart.

“May you stay happy and contented forever.” - Badi Mumma blessed and took bad sight off her. “Now let's go. Abhimanyu must be waiting.” - she said and the duo hurried out.

~

Despite being tensed, Abhimanyu's face lit up with a real smile when he saw Akshu ascending the stairs of the temple with her family. He was already present there with his family, awaiting her arrival, and his heart melted when her face too, brightened up at his sight.

The families greeted each other cordially while he thanked Kairav for the beautiful card. They assembled together for the pooja and Arohi brought the card tray.

Abhimanyu Weds Akshara.

It was in that moment, he had a sudden and rather pleasant realization.

Last time, all the ruckus had started from Arohi's card. But this time, nothing of sorts had taken place which meant, no drama. Arohi would not walk off nor will take those pills neither will Akshu follow her. Hence, his mother's accident won't happen!

HALLELUJAH!

The relief he felt was palpable. And he grinned so widely that Akshu elbowed him, chiding, and asked with eyes to focus on the pooja.

Trying to control his smile, he closed his eyes and prayed.

~

“Manjiri ji, I wanted to let you know that we have a tradition of son-in-law's pooja before the marriage. Would it be convenient for you all to come home tonight ?” - Swarna asked Manjiri as the pooja ended and both families started to leave.

Manjiri smiled brightly.

“I can't guarantee about the doctors in the house since they have a busy schedule but I and the rest of the members will come with Abhi for sure!” - she assured making Swarna smile.

“We'll be waiting then. See you.”

~

Just as Manjiri had said, Parth, Neil, Shefali and Nishta accompanied them to the Goenkas. They all were seated on the sofas in the hall, trying to control their laughter as they observed Abhimanyu.

He was seated on a special stool on the floor while his gaze was running on the large golden tray placed infront of him which carried God knows how many dishes.