Chapter 21 : A Blissful Morning

The sunlight coming through the window teased Abhimanyu, rousing him from his deep slumber. He softly groaned and drapped an arm over his forehead to block the light. The door to the bathroom clicked, grabbing his attention and he sleepily turned his head in that direction.

Akshara stepped out wearing a lime green sleeveless short shirt over same coloured plazo. She was drying her wet hair with a towel while humming a song his sleepy brain was unable to recognize. But the sight was so comforting and beautiful that a smile automatically crept upon his face.

She sat infront of the dresser and started applying concealer (?) on her neck. His brows furrowed but then realized the reason behind it. Hickeys. He bit his lip to stop himself from grinning like a maniac.

She dried her hair, wore nuptial chain, put on vermilion in her hair and stood up. Placing her dupatta over one shoulder, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

“Simply beautiful.”

She startled, and turned around to find him awake and looking straight at her. Her heart skipped a beat. The dovet was resting upto his waist, leaving his broad shoulders, finely built chest and oh-so-sexy abs in open view. She blushed and nervously tucked her hair behind her ear.

He took his arm off his head and outstretched his hand. Silently asking to come to him. Her feet on it's own moved towards the bed and she gasped when he tugged at her wrist. Making her fall flat over him. Her hair fell around his face, blocking the sunlight at last.

“What a sight to wake up to...” - he croaked out. His voice groggy due to dry throat.

She blushed but a beautiful smile graced her face as well. Her hand came up and put aside hair from his forehead but he held her wrist and kissed her fingers. Softly. Making her shiver. His gaze dropped to her lips before meeting her eyes again. And she knew at once what was he demanding.

She leaned down and kissed him softly. His eyes closed in peace as he brushed his lips against hers. He didn't know if it was just his thought, but their lips seemed to fuse together after last night. Infact, the way her fingers gently carded through his hair, the way she comfortably laid above him, the way his hands automatically roamed on her back, every action felt in sync. Like they had become attuned with each other. Knowing already how and where the other will move. As if, one.

They slowly broke apart and as he opened his eyes, he found her smiling at him. That smile, which screamed love in every language of the world. Which screamed contentment, that she was happy to be there. Which screamed completion, that she was happy to be HIS.

“I love you Akshu.”

The words left his mouth automatically. Causing her smile to widen.

“I know.” - she said, a twinkle coming to her eyes. “But I love you more.”

His face morphed into a grin and they both laughed together. She brushed her nose with his affectionately and stood up. Ignoring his whines.

“It's half past 8 already. I need to head to the kitchen for my first cooking.” - she told him as she grabbed her phone and moved towards the door. “And you are getting ready and coming down in ten minutes!” - she told him, causing him to look at her wide eyed.

She just smiled sweetly and left the room. He pouted and got up to get ready. Already planning revenge from his wife.

~

Akshara stepped into the kitchen to find Manjiri already preparing breakfast along with the staff.

“Good morning Maa.” - she greeted, touching her feet.