Chapter 13 : Let's See

Abhimanyu was seated in his cabin the next morning, waiting for a particular person. Just like last time, he wanted to turn the music wing into a department and make Akshu the head. But he vividly remembered his father, uncle and aunt's reaction at that. They were strictly against it. So now, he had formulated a plan and hoped it works just as he wanted.

Knock. Knock.

“Yes ?”

And in stepped the person he was waiting for. Mr. Bijoria. The directing head.

He stood up and greeted him warmly.

“Thank you so much for gracing us with your presence at my request.” - Abhimanyu said with a bright smile.

“It's always a pleasure to be among doctors like you Dr. Birla.” - Mr. Bijoria said just as kindly.

“What will you like to have ?” - Abhimanyu asked already moving towards the phone but Mr. Bijoria held his arm.

“No formalities please. I would like to take a round of the hospital. Why don't we talk on the way ?” - he offered.

Abhimanyu's eyes gleamed in victory. That's exactly what he had been wanting.

“Sure.” - he said and they stepped out of the cabin.

“So... any specific reason for calling me here ?” - Mr. Bijoria asked as they fell into steps.

Abhimanyu deliberately took a turn towards Akshara's cabin where he knew she must be conducting a session.

“Well yes. You were to come next month anyways for the progress report of the hospital but I thought to call you earlier so you can attend my wedding.” - Abhimanyu said grinning.

Mr. Bijoria gave out a chortle.

“Ohoho... so Dr. Birla finally decided to get hitched. Congratulations!” - he said patting on Abhimanyu's back.

Their feet stopped automatically as a melodious voice reached their ears.

“What a soulful voice...” - Mr. Bijoria appraised.

Abhimanyu slightly opened Akshu's cabin door and found her immersed in singing infront of a 12 or 13 year old child. She was looking so pure and innocent in that moment that he wished to stay there and stare at her forever. But he had plans that needed execution and closed the door again.

“Who is she ?” - Mr. Bijoria asked as they started walking again.

“Akshara Goenka. The music therapist of the hospital but she is on a trial period.” - he informed.

“She should be permanent. I mean, the kid looked so in peace.” - Mr. Bijoria said, a force in his voice that made Abhimanyu grin internally.

“We are thinking about turning the music wing into a department and make her the head. But she's new so just making sure. Good thing you are here. Let's discuss this with Dr. Anand and Dr. Harshwardan.” - he suggested innocently.

“Why not. Let's go.” - Mr. Bijoria said and they walked towards the boardroom.

“Have a seat.”

Mr. Bijoria took a seat while Abhimanyu picked the receiver and called the receptionist.

“Let Dr. Anand, Dr. Mahima and Dr. Harshwardan know that Mr. Bijoria is here and is waiting for them in the boardroom.” - he said and put the receiver down.

Oh it was going to be fun.

~

“Feeling better ?” - Akshara asked the child as she finished the session half an hour later.