Chapter 15 : The Wild Side

Akshara walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge to calm herself down. She took a sip and had just placed the bottle on the counter when two arms wrapped around her waist from behind. Her eyes closed automatically and she leaned back on him.

“I am sorry.” - she said, exhaling a long breath.

He placed a soft kiss on her temple in an attempt to calm her down.

“But why ? It was not your fault.” - he said softly.

“I had promised it will be fair and square. But Aru...” - she trailed off sadly.

He turned her in his arms and cupped her face in his hands.

“Akshu, I don't care about this competition, the dance or any other challenge. You care about me, consider and appreciate my efforts, that's what I want. Everything else is just... unimportant.” - he said gently bringing out a smile on her face.

She turned her face in his hand and kissed his palm.

“You had guessed right when you said my would-be husband loves me immensely.” - she said honestly and it was his turn to smile now.

”But I had said something else too if I remember correctly...”

Her cheeks pinked adorably making him smirk. She tried to make her exit but as always, he didn't let her. He placed both his hands on the counter on either side of her.

“Abhi, we need to go. Everyone's waiting...” - she said weakly.

“So you want to go ?” - he asked in a soft whisper. Eyes twinkling.

She swallowed. They both knew THAT wasn't what she wanted. He leaned closer and closer, leaving just an inch between their faces. Her eyes closed shut awaiting his lips but they never came. Frowning, she opened her eyes to found him leaning against the fridge and drinking water from the bottle she had placed on the counter.

Her jaw dropped.

“YOU-”

She marched towards him and snatched the bottle from his hands. Grabbing his collar, kissed him squarely on the mouth. His eyes widened. He was not expecting such a reaction but he would be lying if he said it was not turning him on.

He placed his hands on her waist and tilted his head to reciprocate the kiss. But she was on another level today. She harshly bit his bottom, making him groan, and entered his mouth aggressively. Her tongue roamed freely, as if, her own property. Her hands didn't stay idle either. They moved to his hair and started ruffling them carelessly. Another groan escaped him as her nails softly scratched against his scalp.

She slowly broke apart and they panted. Trying to regulate their breathing. But his brain was more focused on her. A pink hue was apparent on her cheeks which was not a part of the makeup. And his already irregular heartbeat, escalated further.

She was being shy NOW ? After the way she just practically devoured his mouth ? Goodness gracious!

He opened his mouth to say something but her blush deepened and getting free of his hold, she ran out of the kitchen.

~

“The Sangeet was a blast without any doubt!”

Swarna and Manjiri were conversing with each other as the Goenkas started to leave. Atif had made his exit soon after the competition and the guests had slowly started to leave ever since as well.

“I hope everything was as per your liking...” - Manjiri said humbly and Swarna shook her head with a smile.

“Don't you worry about it at all. Everything was perfect!” - Swarna assured. “Now we'll be waiting for you all tomorrow evening for Mehendi.”