Chapter 25 : That One Percent

*The song whose lines Abhi sings*

~

It was half past 5 in the morning. The steam from the coffee mug was disappearing into the air but Abhimanyu was too deep in thoughts, staring at it unfocused. His mind was in a whirlwind since yesterday afternoon after he had bumped into...

Dr. Kunal Khera.

He would not have been so anxious about bumping into a doctor, it was a seminar of doctors around the world after all, if he would not have been from the future. And he certainly remembered how and why Dr. Kunal had made an entry in their lives.

His hand injury.

If God had crossed their paths again, it clearly meant that the injury of his hand and then the surgery was inevitable. One way or another, it was destined to happen.

A deep and long breath escaped him. It was his hand surgery from where everything had started. After which he had woken up to find Akshu... gone. What if...

He shut his eyes closed. Shaking off any negative thought from his mind. He had become so engrossed in the bliss of his marriage, the perfection of everything, that he had almost forgot he was from the future. That everything was not as smooth as it seemed. That it all could go wrong in the end.

“God...” - he groaned, rubbing his face with his palms. “Ji to karta hai ke-” - he stopped short, refraining from using any profanity.

“Kya ji karta hai ?”

Akshu's voice from the stairs made him turn his head in her direction. She was standing at the last step of the staircase, hand on the railing. His black turtleneck from last night was the only piece of clothing on her but she was practically lost in it due to it's size. Her hair was tied up in a loose bun while her eyes blinked at him sleepily.

His heart gave a tug. All the thoughts since yesterday came crashing down again. What if...

“Ji karta hai ?” - she reiterated, slowly walking towards him.

He stood up, smilingly, and met her halfway.

“Ji karta hai teri zulfon se khelun-” - he sang, surprising her by opening her bun and running his fingers through her hair. “Ji karta hai tujhe bahon mein le lun-” - he twirled her before pulling her in his arms and hugging from behind. “Ji karta hai teri aankhon ko choomun-” - he turned her in his arms again and softly kissed her left eye. “Ji karta hai tere ishq mein jhoomun.” - he completed and picked her off the ground. Twirling her and revelling in her melodious laughter.

He gently placed her down and gazed into her shining eyes. Her contented smile. Letting himself relax as her fingers softly played with his hair.

“Aren't you poetic this morning ?” - she asked, grinning.

“Who wouldn't be after last night ?” - he teased with a raised brow.

Her cheeks crimsoned within seconds and she hid her face in his chest, hugging him. He chuckled and squeezed her in his arms, dropping a kiss on her hair.

“Why are you up so early ?” - he asked.

She pulled back just enough to look at him and pouted. “I felt cold because you weren't there to snuggle into.” - she complained.

He chuckled again and kissed her pout. “Sorry babaaa.” - he apologized making her smile. “Still sleepy ?” - he asked and she nodded her head. “Let's get back to bed then.”

He carried her bridal style and headed upstairs. Leaving the now cold coffee and his thoughts behind.

~