Chapter 10 : The Date Night

Abhimanyu's birthday party was a merry and lively affair. His entire family, Akshara's entire family, and the entire hospital staff was present there. Manjiri sang after a long time, much to Harshwardan's chagrin but Abhimanyu looked chuffed to bits. To top it all, Akshara herself sang a love song for him and he got lost in her melodious voice yet again.

Talking about the dressing, he was looking devilishly dashing in an all black suit gifted to him by his wife-to-be but the way every female eye was on him throughout the party irritated her on end. If she had not been busy glaring daggers at all those girls, she would have noticed his eyes didn't leave her face. Not even once.

“It's a miracle those girls are alive. Otherwise I thought it's their last day on earth.”

They both were seated in his cabin on the couch while he teased her for her jealousy.

“I didn't know you'll look so cute being jealous...” - he grinned when she glared at him.

“I was NOT jealous!” - she denied stubbornly.

“You weren't ?” - he asked raising a brow.

She shook her head. Adamant.

“Good. Oh, I just remembered! Ruby had taken an appointment. She must have arrived.” - he said and made to stand up from the couch.

Her eyes widened. She held him by the wrist and tugged him back. The force with which he fell caused her to fall back on the couch with him atop her.

“If you attended that Ruby then-”

“Then ?” - he asked challengingly.

Her eyes gleamed. She was so caught up in her possessive mode that didn't register their current position and proximity yet.

She held his collar in fists and whispered heatedly :

“Then I'll kill you!”

His eyes shone in victory and he smirked that made him look hotter.

“I thought someone said she wasn't jealous...”

Her face flushed but she didn't break their eye-lock. Nor loosened her grip on his collar.

“Someone must be lying.” - she replied, looking dead into his eyes.

His eyes darkened considerably. The hazel now resembling his all black ensemble.

“I absolutely love it when you act possessive over me Akshu.” - he whispered.

His hand came up to brush away her hair from her face and her eyes fluttered shut. Her plum lips were looking too soft to resist. He leaned down, about to kiss her when the door knocked.

Her eyes shot open while he internally groaned. He would kill the person!

He got off her and she sat up, pointedly avoiding his gaze, before he permitted the knocker to enter.

As he had expected, his dear and beloved younger brother poked his head inside. Neil was sporting a carefree smile on his face but when he registered the deadly glare of his brother and crimsoned cheeks of his would-be sister-in-law, his smile vanished.

“Yes Neil ?” - Abhimanyu asked with a sickly sweet smile that did not promise sweet consequences on reaching home.

He gulped.

“Uh... Bhabhi's family is looking for her as they are leaving.” - Neil informed.

“Okay. She'll be there in a minute.” - Abhimanyu replied before Akshara could and sent Neil off.