Chapter 6 : A Wise Advice

“So, did you get to know about the therapy program ?” - Abhimanyu asked Akshara after they finished having icecream.

“Yes. Dr. Mahima told me all about it.” - she replied.

“And you are... up for it ?” - he asked slightly nervous.

“Of course I am. Infact, I appreciated the idea. When doctors and therapists would be sane themselves, only then they will be of any help to the patients.” - she answered at once.

His heart melted. That was his Akshu.

“Well... what I have been wanting to talk about is the same. Not the program but... your therapy.” - he started cautiously and she frowned.

“Akshu... do you remember when you had come to hospital due to a panic attack a week or so ago and a doctor had attended you ?” - he asked and she nodded her head. “It was me.” - he told her. “Then at the lake, when we met for the first time, I found you crying. And then at the hotel again, your severe panic attack...” - he trailed off when her face dimmed and she looked away.

He slid a little closer to her on the couch and after debating with himself for a while, grabbed her hand and held between both of his. Making her look at him again.

“What I'm trying to say is, by these encouters I have realized you get these attacks frequently. As a doctor, it worries me but as someone, who can't see even moisture of tears in your eyes, it pains me.” - he said softly.

Her eyes moistened and a pain dawned in her eyes.

“I want to take away your pain Akshu. Want to help you. That's why, I have decided to conduct your sessions personally. You can share with me anything and everything. And trust me, you won't find my love for you lessened even in the slightest.” - he finished and the tears fell from her eyes.

“Akshuuu...” - he breathed out anxiously and wiped her tears away.

“I am sorry I just...” - she sniffled like a child. “No one has ever...” - she trailed off again, feeling overwhelmed.

He slid more towards her, and pulled her in a hug. She melted into his arms, her dainty hands clutching his lab coat as she sobbed on his chest. He caressed her head softly but didn't sushed her.

She needed that. Only then she'll get better.

“I will always be there for you. Always remember this.” - he whispered, causing her to pull back.

Her eyelashes were wet. She was sniffling softly while looking at him like a lost soul and his heart tugged at the sight.

He brushed her tears away but his heart skipped a beat when he saw a determination replacing the tears in her eyes. She took a breath before speaking.

“I want to tell you about my past...” - she whispered, her voice scared that how will he take it all.

He smiled at her encouragingly and held both of her hands in his.

“I am all ears...”

~

Arohi reached home in a bad mood. The interview didn't go like she had wanted it to. Not. At. All.

“Akshara's sister...” - she muttered under her breath, repeating Abhimanyu's words.

He was saying that as if he was doing her a favour. She was Arohi. Bl*ody. Goenka! The topper of MBBS that year! How could he treat her like that! She would NOT work in Birla Hospital. There were so many other hospitals even better than BH.

‘But I won't let Akshara go that easily. Abhimanyu's behaviour today was just because of her!’ - she thought clenching her jaws.

“Arreyy Aru! Returned already ?” - Badi Mumma's voice broke her reverie and she found her family seated in the main hall. “How was the interview ?” - she asked and everybody looked at her for an answer.