Chapter 23 : You'll Be Punished

Akshara was seated on the floor in their room after breakfast the next morning. Her suitcase was opened infront of her as she arranged her things in the cupboard and almirah. It was Sunday, so she didn't have to go to the hospital, and taking advantage of the spare time, she decided to organize her things.

Abhimanyu entered the room and stumbled due to one of her sandal, carelessly resting on the floor. He took in the messed up state of his room and his jaw dropped.

“Oh good thing you are here. Help me please...” - she requested with a pout that melted his heart.

His shoulders slumped in defeat and moved towards her, carefully crossing the scattered sandals and whatnot on the floor, and sat down.

“Akshu... I don't think all this is gonna fit in the cupboard.” - he commented, looking wide eyed at the suitcase.

“It won't ?” - she scrunched up her nose. “But I have another suitcase.” - she told him, pouting.

His eyebrows shot upto the ceiling. “Another ?! Goodness Akshu! What have you brought ?”

She smiled a naughty smile and leaned towards him. “Sarees.” - she whispered.

He stilled. The info got the desired effect as his eyes darkened. She knew all too well that her in saree was his weakness. Infact, he had half a mind to inquire her that it was second day of their marriage and she still hadn't wore a saree yet.

She smirked and returned back to her work of folding sarees. His gaze fell on the one she was currently folding; blood red with black spaghetti strap blouse, both having sequin work. He held her wrist, stopping her, and she looked at him.

“Why haven't you wore one yet ?” - he asked, his eyes boring into hers.

Her eyes shined. Like she waiting for that question.

“I don't know how to drap a saree. Badi Mumma used to help me. Now I'll have to wait until I learn how to.” - she told him with an innocent smile.

But the look in her eyes was not innocent. Not. At. All. And it made his heart race.

He took the saree from her hands and stood up. His grip on her wrist making her stand as well. Tugging at her hand, he pulled her closer to him. Their bodies touching.

“I am volunteering to be your teacher.” - he whispered while caressing her cheek with the back of his hand.

Her breathing quickened. He didn't wait for her response and picked her up bridal style. Her arms naturally moved around his neck as he led her to the full length mirror to teach her the art of draping a saree.

~

“...new daughter-in-law aside, we don't get to see even Abhimanyu now.” - Mahima complained.

The family was seated in the garden. Relaxing in the fresh air while sipping on tea or coffee as per their choice. As the newly wedded couple disappeared after breakfast, she got the chance to attack Akshara again.

“Didi, Akshara was setting her things in the wardrobe. So Abhi has went to help.” - Manjiri reasoned.

“Wow! So now my son is picking up sandals of his wife!”

Manjiri suppressed the urge to hold her head at her husband's insensitivity and superiority complex.

“I can't believe this! It's just the second day to the marriage and Abhimanyu is already following her around like a puppet!” - Mahima exclaimed, shaking her head.

Parth sighed at his mother's mentality. Will she ever change ? He was afraid to know the answer to it.

“Neil, go and tell Abhimanyu that I have called him.” - Mahima ordered.