Chapter 9 : That Was Hot

Abhimanyu's birthday was around the corner and Akshara was currently pacing outside his cabin at Birla Hospital. It was after a week since their family meet where it was decided that they'll get married in a month. The auspicious dates were also in favour after a month plus they both had asked for it as well because that way, they'd get time to know more about each other. She had joined her job the very next day and was regularly taking her therapy sessions as well which were conducted by Abhimanyu himself. The day before yesterday, she had gotten to know through Manjiri that his birthday was coming and she instantly decided to throw him a surprise party at the hospital.

And that was why she was pacing outside his cabin in the first place.

Tomorrow was his birthday and she was thinking to present him a nice suit as a gift but for THAT, she wanted his measurements. She didn't want to ask Manjiri or Neil because that way, they'll get to know she was gifting him that. Now, the solution to her problem was quite easy. She had seen him keeping spare shirts there to change after the surgeries. She just needed to go inside, take the measurements and return back none the wiser.

“Okay Akshu. He is away so be quick.” - she gave herself a prep speech and stepped inside his cabin.

Her eyes lit up when she spotted his shirt on the hanger. But as she walked towards it, the door lock clicked, alerting her of someone's arrival. Panicking, she darted under his working table.

~

Abhimanyu was taking rounds when he bumped into a nurse whose coffee spilled on his shirt.

“I'm SO sorry Sir! I-I didn't...” - she looked on horror-struck, stammering in panic.

“It's alright.” - he assured her patiently.

Being from the future, he was half expecting something like that to happen. Because tomorrow was his birthday, and he was damn sure Akshu was planning something. To avoid the mishaps of last time, he had also installed cameras in his cabin just in case Rubi tried her tactics again.

He walked into his cabin and immediately felt Akshu was near. He smirked.

‘So I guessed it right. She is here.’

But what he didn't understand was if she really was, then why ? Last time, she had came to his cabin to place the gifts and was hiding behind the pile. But this time, it was a day before his birthday so why was she there NOW ?

He surreptitiously looked around the cabin to check where was she but couldn't spot her. Then his gaze fell on a cloth peaking through under his table.

‘So you are taking advantage of my table covered from the front.’ - he thought, his smirk widening.

He took off his shirt and was just walking towards the table when the door burst open and his other theory proved right as well.

Ruby wolf-whistled entering the cabin.

He sighed and turned around to see the same leering smile on her face like last time.

‘Some things never change.’ - he thought, irritated.

“Ruby! What're you doing here ?” - he exclaimed sharply, grabbing his tee and wearing it quickly.

“I came to meet you only.” - she said, her tone coquettish.

He suppressed the urge to vomit and rolled his eyes.

“I'm not interested in meeting you.” - he said with a bored expression.

“Ufff... this angerrr...” - Ruby said, flirtatiously.

He knew what was coming now. And as expected, Ruby moved to him and tried to get closer. But before he could jerk her hand off, Akshu came out of the table, surprising him.