Chapter 5 : You Have All The Right To

Akshara was up early the next morning. Not only she wanted to be there on time for her interview but also because she was eager to meet Abhimanyu.

And nervous as well.

First, just his thought gave her stomach a swooping sensation. She didn't know how will her internal system work INFRONT OF HIM. Secondly, she had no idea what he wanted to talk to her about. Hope it was all good.

She got down the bed and headed to bathroom to freshen up and get ready.

~

Abhimanyu was pacing in his cabin. The problem going through his mind but no solution popping up.

Problem was, it was Arohi's interview today as well.

He couldn't stand her presence even for a second. The last time had been hell and he didn't want THAT to happen again. But how to get rid of that...

His cabin door knocked breaking his chain of thoughts and he permitted half mindedly.

“Dr. Anand has asked for your presence in his cabin.”

“Okay. I'm coming.” - he said.

The nurse turned to leave but his mind suddenly brightened with a bulb and he stopped her with a shout.

“WAIT!”

She jumped in surprise and his cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

“Sorry... I wanted to know where's Dr. Harshwardan ?” - he asked.

“With Dr. Anand in his cabin.” - she informed politely.

His lips twitched up in a satisfied smile.

“Thank you. You may leave.” - he said and she left.

It was time for some fun...

~

On the way to hospital, Akshara stumbled upon an injured child in the Birla's NGO. She rushed towards him to help and took him along herself as she was heading to the hospital anyways.

“Don't worry kiddo. It'll be perfectly fine.” - she was assuring the child as she entered Birla Hospital.

She took hurried steps in the corridor and didn't notice the slippery floor. Her balance lost and she yelped in panic but two arms saved her fall by wrapping around her waist.

Her heart skipped a beat when she found herself looking into Abhimanyu's hazel eyes. His eyes instantly softened at her sight. She practically felt his love for her radiating off him that warmed her insides.

He slowly straightened her up and after making sure she was steady on her feet, left his hold on her.

“You okay ?” - his voice was kind yet concerned.

She barely heard. She was lost looking at him in his lab coat which was making him look even more handsome. He snapped his fingers infront of her, breaking her trance and her cheeks heated up.

“Uh... yes. I am fine.” - she replied looking away and missed his smirk. “Actually... that kid isn't!” - she remembered pointing towards the child.

He walked towards the child and picked him up in his arms. He moved towards his cabin but as she started to follow him he stopped her.

“If I remember correctly, you have an interview.” - he reminded her.

“But this-”

“He will be alright. It's a minor injury and I'll look into it.” - he assured with an encouraging smile.