Kabanata 42

Merielle Hyacinth Aksha

"You seek chaos?" I asked.

"No," diing sagot niya. "I craved for it after it gave me once a taste."

"What is this chaos you speak of?"

She smiled. "You really want to know?" Bigla niyang pinunit ang damit niya sa kaliwang braso. Doon may nakaukit na marka.

Namukhaan ko agad yun.

"Alam mo to, di ba?" tanong niya. "The mark of the royal bloodline."

Saka ko lang napagtanto ang pangalan niya.

Akantha Isabella III

Isabella....

The royal family of the old empire.

"The Isabellas once ruled this country," she said. "But... for the sake of power, they were murdered."

Napalingon ako sa kaniya. "They died, not murdered."

Tumawa siya. "Matalino ka ba talaga? Ba't nagpapaniwala ka sa mga bali-balitang di naman totoo?" sambit niya.

Long ago, this country, Euraznia, was ruled by the Isabella royal bloodline. But then all the members died because of a plague which happened only in the palace.

And because of it, a new family stepped on the throne.

" My family was murdered and I'm the only one left!" Akantha screamed. "They were murdered by monsters. Andun ako, nakita ko lahat. Mga halimaw sila na hindi matatalo ng mga tao."

Naningkit ang mga mata ko. "And what are planning?"

Tumawa siya. "I'm planning to become a monster myself."

Nanlaki ang mata ko. There had never been any human who turn into monsters unless...

"Y-You're planning to become a vampire..." I breathed.

Tumango siya. "Nangako si pres na kung susundin ko ang utos niya, gagawin niya akong bampira balang araw."

"And you believed that?!" I exclaimed.

"I need to if I have to use him, no?" sagot niya. "Kaya kung may sasagabal sa kanya..." She suddenly raised her knife. "—liligpitin ko."

The second she moved, I fired but she easily deflected my hand away. The bullet ricocheted to eternal darkness.

Agad akong napaatras nang maramdaman ang kutsilyong kamuntikan nang lumaslas sa leeg.

I can't believe this. She's really trying to kill me! At isa pa, nakangisi siya. I had never seen anyone find fun in killing someone.

Umikot ako sa likod niya at malakas siyang hinampas ng baril sa ulo. Agad siyang nawalan ng malay at natumba.

The good thing is, her moves are sloppy, reckless. An amateur.

Now what to do with this body?

I was thinking when I suddenly heard her laugh. Gising siya?

I turned her over but found her unconcious. What...?

Who was that?

Then I heard the laughters again. Behind me.

A chill ran down my spine. This feeling, I know it too well.

Bumilis ang kabog ng dibdib ko habang pinapakinggan ang papalapit na yabag ng mga paa.

I can't be mistaken.

Wraiths.

Zinnia Moore

"Dito, dito!" Agad ko silang pinapasok sa tagong laboratoryo ko saka ito sinara.