Kabanata 56

Hezekiah St. Cyriac

"What is this?" I asked Rim seriously. "Her birthday's coming and you've goofing off lately."

"It's none of your concern."

Oh I very well know. He's distracted because of that freaking love potion. Poor faggot.

Guess he'll be useless this time around. As much as I want to free him, I enjoy seeing him suffer more.

Serves you right, you freaking faggot!

Later that same day, as usual, I monitored my cameras.

My forehead creased as I kept on rewinding the video footage over and over again.

"Become the Onyx," Cynthia ordered in one of the videos. "For Vessie." She's asking Rim to turn into a monster.

She wanted him to replace her as the Onyx and have him punished instead.

Should I stop him?

Just then, my left earring suddenly heated up, a sign that someone's calling for me.

I left for the maintown secretly. I can't let anyone know my moves.

"Young master," tawag ng matanda. His white robe was blood stained.

A cardinal, one of the few beings on earth blessed with holy divinity. They're directly working under me, the church's heir.

"What happened?" I asked. I sent them to protect auntie Yelena. That's the only thing I can do, atleast, before she dies tomorrow, at Si's birthday.

"We're too late," tanging sagot niya.

No.

I freaking combed my hair in frustration. It can't be. Si.

"Pasensya na—" He suddenly had a hard time breathing. Napahawak pa siya sa lalamunan niya habang gulat na gulat na napatingin sakin. "Y-Young—"

"Shut up."Nilingon ko ang mga kasama niya na agad namang napaatras. "Nakuha niyo?"

I was angry. Frustrated. Hurt.

Auntie is gone.

Nagsitango sila bago inabot sakin ang isang maliit na itim na kahon.

"Ito nalang ang naibigay niya sa amin sa kanyang huling hininga," the baldy said. "Para daw po kay madame Selena."

Napatitig nalang ako doon. Si, I'm freaking sorry.

It's still hours before August thirteen. Yet her aunt already died.

That means her curse manifested earlier.

I went to their cabin as early as I could to guard her. Her birthday's tomorrow. I can't lose her.

She didn't even have a single clue that the her last family died because of her.

I'm sorry Si.

Nang magagabi na at hindi pa rin siya umuuwi ay halos mabaliw na ako sa sobrang pag-aalala, pangamba at takot.

I couldn't careless about the freaking curfew anymore. I just badly want to find her. Safe. Freaking safe. Good thing she always had a tracker with her in the form of an earing. Alam ko na agad kung nasaan siya.

Si is very important to me. Di ko alam kung bakit, kung paano. Seeing her okay.... is enough.

"Si!"