rejected

*your pov*

You and Peter were working on a project at his house. You had known Peter in 5th grade, and you have liked him since 5th grade. But the only thing was ever seen when you started high school you were really popular so you could only date quote on quote popular boys. But to you that did not matter, you wanted peter. To say you were happy when you were paired together was an understatement.

You and Peter were finishing the last final details of your project when you decided to be bold. "Hey Peter, I was wondering if you want to go to the movies and dinner tomorrow night?" you asked after wanting to do that scene getting your license. "Umm, sorry but i am not into you like that." he told you, you could feel your heart break in that moment.

As soon as he finished you picked up your phone,"oh my mom texted me i have to go." you said, voice cracking as you picked up your bag and left Peter's room in a hurry. You started to walk home when the tears started streaming down your face as those horrible thoughts filled your head. I knew I did not have a chance or he was way out of league anyway. Sure you had been rejected the guy you liked, but this time hurt a lot more. But this one hurt the most rejections.

*peter's pov*

"I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie and get dinner?" she asked me as we finished our group project. "None, I am not really into you like that." I lied to her because I knew what was going to happen. She was going to tell me where to meet her at the movies and then I would sit there for 2 hours then I would walk home and she was going to laugh at me and I was not going to deal with her.

Of course he liked you, like it was an understatement he was fully in love with you. But he did not want to get hurt by a girl who he knows is out of his league. Because he was always getting made fun of at school, so another reason to make fun of him was not a good idea. For him, or them because the avengers made up this thing called the PPPS aka Peter Parker protective services.

After a minute she picked up her phone saying she needed to go home. After I said no it was a little awkward, so I was relieved. A few minutes after she left my aunt came into my room. "Hey why did y/n leave in such a hurry?" she asked after not knowing what went down. "She asked me out and I said no.'' I told her as I put our project in the corner of my room. She gave me a weird look "wait i thought you really liked this girl, so why did you say no?" she asked with a confused look on her face. "Because i already knew what her plan was, she was going to ask me out then she was going to get me to go and then she is going to stand me up, then she is going to drive by me with her friends and laugh because she is popular and i'm not.'' I said walking out to get a snack before going to the tower, for game night.

"But what if she really liked you?" mea asked, trying to hint because you talked to her about your crush on peter. "Yeah, I really doubt that." Peter told his aunt, grabbing the bean dip he made. "Okay, whatever you want to think but i think she really liked you seriously pete." she said, giving Peter some space. "Anyways, I will be home tomorrow. I am going to stay the night." I told mea as I walked out the door.

*your pov*

I got to the tower crying,to see my sister wanda. "Hey what's wrong?" My brother petiro asked me to ignore him and ran to my room. A few minutes later there was a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked,my voice cracking as I said it. "It's me wanda." she said as tried to get in but my door was locked so no one could bother me.

I walked over to the door and unlocked wanda ran in and saw you crying. "What's wrong?" she asked as she hugged me. "I tried asking the boy I liked out and he said no." I explained to her as she sat down on my bed. "Omg why did he say no?" she asked pulling out her phone to text nat to tell her to bring ice cream. As we were talking Tony came into the room. "Hey are you girls coming down for game night?" he asked, not noticing that I was crying. Wanda looked at me then back at tony. "You want to?" she asked me as she looked again to me "sure i can get my mind off of him." I said getting up from my bed and walking out of my room.

As soon as I walked out of the room I saw the familiar set of chocolate curls. I ran right back to my room, because if he sees me I will start crying again. "No, I am not going down there. Why is he even here?" I asked myself out loud when Tony walked in. "What do you mean we already have the teams ready and you already said you would play." he looked confused when i laid on my bed.

"So why can you not play?" Tony asked me as I stood up and out of my bed. "Because of the kid in the black hoodie." "why?" he asked with a confused expression. "He rejected me earlier." I sat him as I walked to take my earrings out. "Hey, mr. Stark, are you ready to play because we are waiting for you?" Peter asked without him noticing me. "Yeah give me a minute, I am trying y/n to get out of here and come play." he told peter looking back at my bathroom. "I am not going out and seeing him."

*peter's pov*

I walked up the stairs after hearing the girl i might be in love with voice after they told me to go ask tony if he was ready to play the game. My heart fluttered when she walked out of the bathroom. "Hey y/n can we talk then we can go play the game." he asked when he saw my face that looked like I was crying. "I guess we should.'' I sat down on my bed kicking Tony out so me and Peter could talk privately.

"So i want to tell you why i said no i think you deserve that." he tells you while he sits down on your bed. "Yeah, I think I deserve that because I thought you liked me." you looked from him to the floor. "I do like you a lot, I said no because I know what you're going to do. You're going to tell me to meet you at the movies then you're not going to show up, then I am going to walk home. Well you laugh at me."

"Peter, I would not do that to you . How many times have you ever heard me do that to a guy?" I asked him, with a confused look on my face. "Never, but I just did not want to get hurt because then mr. Stark would hurt you." Peter told me as he took my hands. "Right, and I only ask out boys I really like." to tell him, letting go of his hands. "You like me actually like no joke..." you cut him off by kissing him. "So will you go out with me?" he asked you when yall pulled away. "Yes!" you said then you went to go play games. It was the best night with a guy you liked in a while. And the date went really well.