Chapter 1 - Return of the Heretic

I open my eyes and everything around me is blackness

I open my eyes and everything around me is blackness. I reach up and press my hand to my head as a headache hits me hard.

I push myself off the floor and look around, trying to figure out where I am. I walk forward and bump into a wall, reaching forward onto the wall top stop my self from falling. As I steady, I move my hands down the wall but stop when my fingers come across a carving in the rock.

A familiar carving.

One that I had put there over a century ago.

I stumble back, looking towards the wall in horror but I bump into something behind me. I swing around and see what or who I had bumped into but there is nothing and no one there.

My breathing starts to get heavy as I call on my magic but I can't.

I can't feel my magic.

Whatever the witch sister had shot me up with cut me off from it.

I start to pace, holding my head as I mumble out, "No. No. Not again."

I stop and look down at my feet when I can suddenly see my bare feet which confuses me. I look up and see a light in the distance and I watch it.

I move towards it at a speed while trying to conserve my energy but the move I walk the further the light seems to be. I stop and looking around as I don't remember this room being this big.

When I look back at the light, I see a figure standing next to it. I stare at them as they reach forward to the light but stop as I yell out, "Stop!"

I vamp forward and actually get closer but when I am a few feet from it, I hit a barrier.

Where I am stuck, I can see everything better.

There isn't just one light but two.

One a bright white and the other a purple.

The purple is hidden behind the white so from far I couldn't see it.

The figure turnstowards me and starts to walk to me at the barrier. 

We stand opposite each other, staring at each other from opposite sides of the barrier.

"Who are you?" I ask as I inspect them.

It's a woman with dark hair but that is all I can make out as she doesn't look up and her hair covers her face.