Chapter 54 - Back From the Dead

As Phoebe comes at Damon with her blade at a speed, but not using her vampire speed, Shaun vamps out from the woods and stands between her and Damon

Shaun's eyes changed to his vampire ones as he faced off against Phoebe, his fangs were fully extended.

"Step aside, Shaun," Phoebe growled. "This doesn't concern you."

"I won't let you make her the killer of her own brother." Shaun growls back.

Damon looks between his sister that he thought was dead and Shaun, confused and lost by everything that is happening.

As Phoebe and Shaun continue to face off, Damon can feel the tension between them. He had always known that his sister had a strong thirst for revenge, but he never thought it would come to this. He watches as Phoebe's eyes narrow, her grip on the blade tightening as she takes a step forward.

Phoebe doesn't make it far before Valerie, Nora and Mary Louise come from behind her. Mary Louise and Nora wrap antimagic cuffs around her wrists while Valerie holds Phoebe's anti-magic necklace tightly against her neck, listen as it all burns into her skin.

When all items are secured to Phoebe, she drops to the floor unconscious, her body going limp in Nora and Mary Louise's arms. 

Valerie looks at Damon reassuringly, knowing that this must be a lot for him to take in.

Damon can barely believe what he's witnessed. 

The sister who he had thought was dead, had just attacked him with a blade and was stopped by her other brother. He looks at Phoebe's unconscious body lying on the ground, wondering what had happened to her.

Phoebe's unconscious body seems to snap Damon out of his shock. He rushes over to his sister and takes her in his arms. He can feel the weight of her body against his chest, and he can feel her heart beating faintly.

Damon stands back onto his feet and looks between the four other heretics around him with a questioning look.

"What the hell is going on?!" Damon demands.

The three girls share knowing looks before looking over to Shaun, waiting for his lead in how to handle the matter.

Shaun takes a deep breath, his fangs retracting as he calms down. He steps closer to Damon and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Phoebe didn't die that day."

"No shit." Damon glares at Shaun, "She faked her death?"

Valerie steps forward to answer him, "Not exactly."

Damon looks at Valerie, his eyes searching for answers but before she can say anything more, Nora interrupts them.

"We need to go. The next sweep for intruders and rouge students start in soon." Nora reminds them as she looks around them.