Chapter 29 - Love, Loss, and the Power of Family

Finn stands in front of chair with a bound Marcel in it as he holds a knife, waiting for Marcel to wake up

Marcel wakes a moment later and immediately starts to struggle to try get free of his restraints.

"Good. You're awake." Finn says and Marcel stops struggling in his seat to look at him as Finn holds up one finger, "Now, I just have one question."

Marcel says nothing and just glares at Finn but Finn just continues to speak, "It's a common belief among the werewolves that you were, in fact, the last person to see Niklaus' child alive. You were in possession of the baby's corpse. So, tell me, how exactly did the baby die?"

Marcel drops his glare as he thinks about it for a moment as he tries to remember but comes up short.

"Don't worry about an answer, I already know the truth. Niklaus' child lives and more to that he has two." Finn tells him.

"If you already know everything then why you need me?" Marcel grits out.

Finn chuckles darkly, "Oh, Marcel, you don't understand. It's not about what I know. It's about what you can give me. Information is power, and you have plenty of information that I desire."

Marcel's eyes widened as Finn stepped closer to him, the knife glinting in the dim light of the room.

"You just need to remember it first." Finn says with a wicked grin as Marcel glares at him furiously.

I sit in front of the desk with a few maps spread across it and a few grimoires open as well

I sit in front of the desk with a few maps spread across it and a few grimoires open as well. I pour the third and final vial of Klaus's blood onto the map with a sigh as I try my 20th spell to find Rebekah.

The blood on the map swirls together into a small pool, and I begin to chant the words of the spell under my breath. The room grows darker, and the temperature drops several degrees as the spell takes hold.

For the first time, the blood on the map begins to move which makes me grin as I push harder into the spell. The blood stops moving instead it begins to bubble and hiss as it seems to come to life, glowing with an eerie light.