Chapter 51 - A Message from the Grave

All the Mikaelson and their significant others are gathered in the courtyard as they wait for Shaun to show up. 

Most glancing over at Marcel who is standing in the corner with a drink in hand as Shaun had insisted of his attendance.

"Since when do we get summoned?" Kol grumbles as he keeps an eye on Kelsey out the side of his eye while she seems to be looking for something.

"Where did all the alcohol go?" Kelsey asks, her eyes scanning the courtyard with a look of disappointment on her face.

"You drank it all." Rebekah snaps at Kelsey, her eyes narrowing as she crosses her arms over her chest.

Kelsey gives Rebekah a dirty look and Kol can sense a fight about to break out between his love and his sister.

"Relax, darling. I am sure Shaun will be here soon," Kol replies, placing a hand on her waist.

"Manners is obviously something that Shaun is lacking." Elijah comments as he holds onto Henrik's hand.

Just then, a gust of wind blew through the courtyard, causing the branches of the nearby trees to sway. 

Everyone  turns to face the direction of the wind, their eyes widening in surprise as they saw Shaun standing in front of them.

"Sorry I'm late," Shaun said, his voice carrying through the wind and causing the leaves to rustle. "Delilah, Ezra and the Salvatore brothers couldn't join us today so I went to them first."

Shaun walked towards them, a serious glint in his eyes as he greeted each of them with a nod.

"Can you get to the point of why you have gathered us?" Klaus demands from Shaun.

Shaun nods as he puts his backpack on the table in the middle of everyone.

Everyone moves closer to the table interested in what Shaun had to show. He unzips his bag and pulls out a wooden box, placing it on the table alongside the large manilla envelope that Phoebe had given to him the morning of her death.

Kol could feel the tension in the air as Shaun pulled out the wooden box, his mind racing with possibilities of what could be inside. 

The box was ornately carved, with intricate designs etched into the wood that seemed to pulse with a mysterious energy. 

It was the enchanted puzzle box that belonged to Phoebe and that she kept important things in.

Shaun doesn't touch the puzzle box, instead he opens the the large envelope and empties it onto the table.

Thirteen smaller, white envelopes fall onto the table with a loud 'thump'.

"Phoebe gave this to me to give to you. Each of you get an envelope," Shaun says, his voice somber as he looks at the Mikaelsons.

Each envelope has one of their names written on the front of it in Phoebe's delicate handwriting except for one which just had the black bird sigil stamp on it.

Each Mikaelson grab their envelope as well as Kelsey, Cami and Marcel until there was only two envelopes left.

One for Henrik and the one with the bird sigil.

"I can take him so you can have a moment." Shaun offers to Elijah meaning Henrik.

Elijah nods his head and pass his son to Shaun, taking a step away with his own envelope as everyone opened their own.

Kol tore open his envelope, without another thought, his heart racing. 

Inside was a single piece of paper, folded neatly in half along with a sun wire pendant.