Chapter 2 - Unanswered Questions

I lay in my bed and stare at the fan as it slowly rotates

I lay in my bed and stare at the fan as it slowly rotates. My door creaks as Hayley pushes it open, standing in the doorway as she watches me.

"I got you some more blood." She says, softly and I sit up as she throws it to me.

I reach up and catch it, bring into my chest as I lay back on my back before biting into my blood bag. I drink it all down quickly before discarding the bag to the side but as I do, Hayley stays in the room staring at me.

I sit up and move up the bed, looking at her with expectantly, brows raised.

"Phoebe, you haven't left this room in over two weeks." She states.

"That's not true. I went downstairs yesterday." I correct her as I move back down on the bed.

"That is not what I meant." Hayley says, rolling her eyes at me.

"Klaus and you are not on talking with each other. I mean I haven't seen you two in the same room since we got here. Elijah has gone M.I.A." She states as she moves towards the bed, sitting at the bottom of my bed.

There is knocking on the front door and I look at Hayley, giving her a sheepish smile. Hayley huffs out before getting up and leaving  the room to answer the door.

"Thank you." I call out after her.

Once she is out of ear shot, I rush out of bed and into the bathroom. I lean over the toilet and all the blood I had just consumed ends up in the toilet. I fall down on to my butt, resting against the tiled wall.

"Oh, Phoebe."

I look to the door and Delilah stands there, watching me with pity. I reach forward and slam the door shut as I can't take seeing that look from another person. I pull myself off the fall and flush the toilet before I wash my hands and splash some water on my face.

I pull the door open and Delilah is still standing behind the door, where she was when I closed the door.

Delilah smiles widely at me and pulls me close, hugging me tight.

"What are you doing here, Del?" I ask as hug her back tightly.

"Hayley phoned us and came clean about everything that has happened." Delilah confesses.

I sigh out and pull back before sitting on the edge of the bed, looking down at my hands. Delilah looks down at my hands before crouching in front of me and placing her hands on mine.

"I like them. I am glad you are no longer hiding them." She whispers out to me.

I smile a weak smile before taking a deep breath. Delilah gets up and sits next to me on the bed.

"Hayley says that you haven't left this room in two weeks and that you aren't talking to any of the Mikaelson brothers." Delilah states.

I say nothing and stare down at my hands but Delilah carries on talking, "We had an idea. I know why you are battling with this so much, because those witches are evil bitches. So..." Delilah trails off.