Chapter 10 - The Davina Problem

I sit at my vanity as I put on my jewellery, piece by piece but when I get to my necklace, I stop

I sit at my vanity as I put on my jewellery, piece by piece but when I get to my necklace, I stop. I roll the ring attached to it between the two of my fingers as I think it over somethings that have been on my mind for a while.

I hear Elijah enter my room and put the necklace around my neck, dropping the ring and the remnants of the chain down my shirt. I turn in my chair slightly to look at him as he wonders closer to me. I look over his attire and smirk a little.

"No suit? Things are either really good or really bad?" I say to him.

Elijah attention is taken by the wedding dress that Delilah had dropped which is now sitting on my bed.

"Are you joining in on the festivities tonight?" he asks me as he looks back over to me.

I look over at the dress than back at him with a weak smile.

"Afraid me and an army of vampire bodyguards does not make a festival very festive but rather dull." I say with a shrug before turning back to my vanity.

"You know... if you wanted the attend the festivities tonight, I would be more than willing to take you." Elijah offers.

"Really?" I ask as I look at him through the mirror.

"Yes. I would be happy too." Elijah says with a small grin.

I turn back around as I stare at the dress while chewing on my bottom lip. Elijah moves from his spot over to me and places his hand on my face as he uses his thumb to pull my bottom lip from being trapped between my teeth before stroking my face with the same thumb which makes me close my eyes.

"What troubles you, angel? I thought you would be happy over the fact you could join in tonight?" he asks as he continues to stroke his thumb over my cheek.

His question causing me to reopen my eyes and look back over at the dress with a sad look as the question comes across my mind again.

"I am just unsure if the dress will even fit me." I say before looking over at Elijah again whose hand still stays on my face which he removes as I finish speaking.