Chapter 41 - The Unfinished Prophecy

"Freya?!" I yell as I walk through the compound, trying to find her and Henrik but come up short in every direction I take

As I walk past the downstairs living room, I pause for a moment before backtracking and walking into the room but only for it to be empty.

I feel a chill run down my spine as I look around the room.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end, alerting me that something is not right. 

Everything is perfectly in place, perfectly neat. I have two toddlers, a newborn and an army of Mikaelsons living in this place, these rooms are nearly neat and clean.

Everything feels amiss.

I decide to walk around the room, trying to see if there's anything that could explain the eerie feeling I'm getting.

As I approach the fireplace, the faint smell of copper hits my nose and I squat down as I notice something strange on the stones around the fireplace. I lean closer to the stones, trying to make out what it is. 

My heart pounds in my chest as I realize it's blood. A deep shade of red coats the stones, pooling in small droplets around the edges. I gasp aloud, moving my hand up over my mouth as I choke back a sob while my thoughts run rampant.

My mind races as I try to understand what could have happened. 

Did someone attack Freya and Henrik? Are they hurt or worse? 

I try to calm myself down and think logically. I need to search the rest of the house. I have to think logically. My mind races as I try to think of where they could have gone. 

Maybe they went out for a walk or something and I just missed them? 

But the blood...it doesn't make sense. 

I need to find out what happened, and fast.

A glint of light catches my eye and I notice something under one of the couches. I move closer to the couch, getting down on my knees to look underneath. I pull the item out and notice it is a phone, Vincent's phone, which should not be here.

The phone is open and a video message is already cued up. I sit down with my back pressed against the couch as I play the video.

"Phoebe, listen... Um, we're in serious trouble. Now, I'm recording this here because it's-it's free from magic, and magic is my enemy. The Ancestors got me on the hook doing some pretty twisted magic, and I want no part of it, but they're forcing me to help Lucien Castle. I am sorry. I never wanted this to happen, I need you to understand that. They took Freya. And Henrik. I don't know what Lucien plans to do to them but I don't want to be part of any of this. You need to find us before it's too late. Because I have a feeling that if you don't, Lucien will kill them. Please, Phoebe, be careful." Vincent's voice trembles with fear as he speaks while looking around in paranoia.