Chapter 3 - Of Witches, Secrets, and Family Ties

I look at myself in the mirror as I get dressed, getting ready to break Klaus's rule

I look at myself in the mirror as I get dressed, getting ready to break Klaus's rule. I am leaving the house and going into the quarter.

I hear talking downstairs which makes me suspicious. I slowly walk towards the stairs, keeping my steps light as I do. As I merge at the top of the staircase, I see Rebekah at the door and Hayley stand at the bottom of the stairs with a crowbar.

"Rebekah?" I say, surprised to see her.

"Phoebe! Just the girl I was looking for." She says smiling a little when she sees me. her eyes move over my body, stopping on my stomach, "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet."

"Not yet. What are you doing here, Beks? Elijah told me you were refusing to join us here."

"Great. Where he is?" she asks while walking further into the house.

"Elijah? I don't know. I haven't heard from him after we got to this house. He just vanished." I say with a small shrug as worry creeps into my mind as I always thought Elijah had left to convince Rebekah to join us.

"Elijah would not just disappear without a word. Especially not when it comes to you which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." Rebekah concludes as walks into the other room and I vamp down the stairs to catch up with her.

"Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Rebekah yells out.

Klaus come from the side of the house, opening a pair of doors dramatically as he enters the room.

"Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were you're doing?" Klaus questions Rebekah but his eyes fall on me as I stand to the side of her.

"They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." Rebekah says, sarcasm and insincerity dripping in her tone.