Chapter 47 - The Beginning of the End

I lay starfish on the bed as I stare up at the ceiling while I have an annoying buzzing in my ear

That buzzing is Enchantress's voice, and I knew that ignoring it wouldn't make it go away. 

I sit up and rub my temple, trying to shake off the drowsiness that lingers from the night before. 

Enchantress is a morning person, and she never misses an opportunity to remind me of that.

"What do you want?" I mutter out to her, frustration in my voice.

"A more competent host?" Enchantress snips and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah and I want a less annoying parasite."

Enchantress laughs, the sound ringing in my ear. 

I grit my teeth and try to push her voice out of my head. 

It never works.

I flop back flat on my back on the bed as I close my eyes with a huff.

"What are you doing?! You're wasting time that we could be using to seal the Hollow away." She presses but I don't move.

I simply mutter, "It's called resting, something you clearly have no concept of."

Enchantress scoffs but I can tell she's considering my words. 

We've been working tirelessly for days on end, trying to seal the Hollow, and it's taken a toll on both of us. 

We need a break, but I know Enchantress won't give it to me. I can feel her presence lingering in the back of my mind as I try to relax. 

It's like a nagging itch that I can't scratch.

"Angel, you still sleeping?" Elijah asks as he enters the room.

I let out a hollow chuckle, "If only I could."

Enchantress snickers in my ear, but I ignore her as Elijah comes to sit next to me on the bed. He puts his hand on my forehead and brushes a stray strand of hair out of my face, and I lean into his touch.

"You okay?" He asks, concern laced in his voice.

I smirk slides across my face as a thought occurs to me, "Yes, but I could be better." I trail my hand down his chest, feeling the muscles tense beneath my fingers. 

Elijah's breath hitches as I lean in, my lips brushing against his ear.

"Maybe you could help me relax," I whisper, feeling Enchantress's voice growl in my mind. 

But I ignore her as I press my lips to Elijah's neck, trailing kisses down his collarbone. He groans and leans in, his hands gripping my waist as I straddle him.

Enchantress's voice fades away as I lose myself in Elijah's touch, his kisses becoming more frantic as my hands roam over his chest.

Elijah pulls away, his eyes searching mine. I press my mouth to his again, feeling his hands move to my hips. I moan into his mouth and he rolls us over. He hovers above me as I slide my hand under is shirt, tracing over his muscles. His skin is smooth beneath my fingers.