Chapter 42 - Family Under Siege

Trigger Warning! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoebe stares at her reflection in the mirror but the woman reflected to her is not one that she recognised

The bags under her eyes were darker than usual, her complexion was paler, and her hair was tangled and messy. She had been up all night, tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep. 

She couldn't shake off the feeling that she was being watched, that they all were.

"You okay in there?" Delilah calls out as she knocks gently against the bathroom door.

Phoebe clears her throat before answering, "Yeah, all good. Just need a minute."

Phoebe splashes some cold water on her face and takes a deep breath. She had to keep it together, at least for the sake of her children. Phoebe throws the tissues in her hand in the bin next to the sink before washing her hands once more.

Phoebe pulls open the bathroom door to meet a concerned-looking Delilah.

"What is happening, Pheebs?" Delilah asks and Phoebe sighs as she loops her arm through hers, walking with her back to Delilah's living room where Ezra is sitting with a sleeping Henrik while Hope and Faith play in their spare room.

Phoebe and Delilah sit down on the couch opposite Ezra before Phoebe leans forward, running her fingers through her hair.

"What is going on?" Ezra asks this time.

"Marcel is some sort of super hybrid who running around with a grudge against me and the rest of the Mikaelsons. As well as an army of angry vampires who are flocking to New Orleans to have their turn in killing each of them." Phoebe pauses before she sighs again as Delilah takes her hand into her own, "What do you need from us?" Delilah asks gently, seeing the struggle in Phoebe's eyes.

"We have a safe house set up, a place that only three people know of. Me, Elijah and Klaus. What I need is for you and Ezra to take the twins and Henrik and go there, hide them. Keep them safe until we can put an end to this," Phoebe looks at the couple, tears springing to her eyes.

Ezra nods his head in agreement, "Of course, we'll take care of them, you don't have to worry about a thing."

Phoebe gives them a small smile, "Thank you. Both of you. You have always been there for me even when I haven't been the greatest friend."

Delilah and Ezra exchange a look before Delilah speaks up, "We're family, Pheebs. Always have been, always will be."

Phoebe nods her head, "I have to go now, before they come here and find the kids. Please, keep them safe."