Chapter 45 - The Society of Shadows and Saviors

Shaun stands behind me with a bag in hand as I talk to Hope, Faith and Henrik

"Do you really have to go?" Faith mumbles to me and I give her a gentle smile as bend down to their level.

"I do," I tell them and all their faces fall, "This isn't the same as last time, I will be back soon. And I won't be alone."

Hope wraps her arms around my neck, her little hands holding onto me tightly and I pull the other two into a hug as well. I let out a breath as I let go of them and they move a little back.

"I'll call you every night before bed and you listen to Delilah and Ezra while I gone. I will be back before you know it." I tell them as I hold my pinkie out for them.

Faith, Hope and Henrik nod their head with a small smile as they hook their pinkies in mine as they say, "Deal."

When we release our pinkies, a little butterfly flies out from our joined hands and lands on Henrik's shoulder. He giggles in delight as the butterfly flutters its wings and I can't help but smile at the scene in front of me. 

I turn around to face Shaun who is still standing behind me, his bag in hand.

"Ready?" he asks me and I nod my head, taking the bag from him.

Shaun looks at my kids and gives them a wild smile, "I'll take care of her," he says, winking at them, before turning back to me. "Let's go."

I give them a final wave before turning and following Shaun down the path towards the waiting car.

"You have big problems." Sofya says as she walks into Marcel's room.

"Oh, if you're talking about Phoebe Mikaelson, I said her handled." Marcel tells her.

"Fine, but there are others who will stop at nothing to find her. Alistair Duquesne for one. He and his allies believe Phoebe is the key to finding the rest of the Mikaelsons."

Marcel leans back in his chair, considering Sofya's words. 

"I'll take care of it," he says with a confidence that doesn't quite match the concern in his eyes. "I'll make sure no one gets their hands on Phoebe except me, and I'll deal with Alistair if I have to."