Chapter 33 - Moving Forward with a Smile

Dear Delilah & Ezra,

I know that it's been awhile since my last letter and although I did promise to keep you updated as the two of you went off and enjoyed yourselves around the world, things around here have gotten kind of crazy.

The twins have learnt to walk and talk. And with the compound being a death trap for walking toddlers, all I do is worry about them.

Hayley, Jackson and the wolves have all moved back to the Bayou with some help from my bank account. They have gotten some nice houses built out there which is pleasing to me as I have my house back.  I don't hear from Hayley much anymore but she is a grown woman and has a whole pack to look after now so I get it.

Davina still holds onto her rage for our family. And, as Regent of all covens, I have a feeling that she won't be swayed but then again I haven't given it a try. But I don't really want to get trapped in witch problems again so I just leave her be.

Though with Davina out, I have become the witch for the vampires which can be annoying sometimes but it pisses Davian off as it goes against some sort of witch rule she put in place which makes me happy to do it.

Marcel has moved back to this side of the river, the apartments right next to the compound actually. And although there still seems to be some tension between him and Klaus, he seems to doing good with running the city alongside Klaus again. Marcel converted the church into some sort of fighting gym for his new recruits after the damage I did to it but Elijah has been using it more than anyone else. 

He took your advice and picked up a hobby to help his mind heal, although I am sure fighting isn't what you meant.

Klaus remains the doting father to the twins but has turned sex into a punishment for my actions with Dahlia or should the lack of sex is my punishment. Which is fine for him as he puts all his pent-up energy into his painting for some exhibit he wants to do.

Freya finally seems to be at home in the compound and with us. We have become friends of sorts and she helps me with the twins constantly.

Kol and Kelsey have been like love-sick teenagers since they got back from their trip. I cannot tell you how many times I have walked into a room and found those two in various stages of undress. It's quite amusing but also slightly concerning that one of these times I will have one of the girls with me when I find them.

I hardly see Rebekah but I have a feeling if I look through one of the windows into the apartments next door, I will find her relevantly easily.

Still nothing from Stefan or Damon and even though I told Damon that he needs to leave me alone so I can work through all this by myself. A text from him or Stefan telling me that they are alive would be nice, the part that concerns me is I haven't heard from Caroline either which makes me believe something is wrong or they are hiding something from me.