Chapter 16 - Between Dreams and Reality

I lay in bed with my eyes close and a sheet draped over my body when I feel a hand move across my arm, their finger softly stroking down my exposed shoulder and down my arm

I lay in bed with my eyes close and a sheet draped over my body when I feel a hand move across my arm, their finger softly stroking down my exposed shoulder and down my arm. The movement sends a shiver down my spine and not a good one.

I open my eyes to see a figure looming over me, its face obscured by shadows

I open my eyes to see a figure looming over me, its face obscured by shadows. My heart races as I try to make out who it is.

"Who are you?" I ask, my voice shaking.

The figure leans in closer, and I can feel its warm breath on my neck as they whisper out, "C'mon, Phee, you know who I am."

Phee.

The nickname that only one person in this world uses.

My heart skips a beat as I realize who it is.

It's him.

The man who had used me before breaking heart into a million pieces than dumping me with witches again in exchange for information.

I shove him back a scurry up the bed, as I mutter to myself with eyes closed, "It's not real. You are not real."

I feel his hand graze my face as he tries to cup it, "I am as real as you are." he whispers to me.

I open my eyes, my anger boiling over. "You're not real, you bastard!" I scream, pushing him away from me. "You left me to die with those witches!"

He laughs, a cold, cruel sound that makes my skin crawl. "You always were too dramatic, Phee," he says, his voice dripping with condescension.

"You let me believe that you loved me! Instead, you were in love with some woman who loves another man, a woman who will never love you!" I yell.

I jump out of bed, grabbing the nearest object I can find, a lamp, and flinging it at him with all my might. It misses him by inches, shattering into a million pieces against the wall. He steps back, surprised by my sudden outburst.

"You're delusional, Phee," he says, his voice cold and menacing.

"I'm not delusional!" I yell back. "You used me and then left me to die. Leave me be, I have found love. Proper love, not what you wanted me to believe was love."