Chapter 40 - Deceit, Confrontations, and Magical Showdowns

With Henrik wrapped to my chest and one arm still holding him under to support him, I walk into the gym in search for Cami

As soon as I step inside the gym, I hear the sound of huffing and smacking of fists aganist a punching bag, echoes through the empty gym. I scan the gym when I spot Cami at the back, dressed in workout gear, punching and kicking a punching bag furiously as Vincent is trying his best to hold the bag still against her new vampire strength.

My heels clink against the floor of the gym as I walk towards the two of them which seems to inform them that they aren't alone any longer as they stop what they doing and look over at me.

"Vincent when I sent her to you for training, I meant training against magic attacks. Cami has enough and probably more qualified people to teach this." I inform Vincent as I stop in front of them.

Vincent smiles at me, "She needed to blow off some steam." Vincent says, wiping sweat off his forehead and I roll my eyes at his answer.

My gaze move over to Cami and I give her a polite smile as I greet her, "Cami."

"What are you doing here, Phoebe? We had a deal." Cami reminds me as she drops her arms, her eyes still locked on the punching bag in front of her.

"I remember, you would undergo whatever training that I wish as long I wasn't involved in it personally. But something has come up that involves you, so, unless you want me to handle that situation myself, you need to come with me." I state firmly, my tone making it clear that I won't take no for an answer.

Cami sighs heavily and nods, "Fine. Just let me just grab my things then we can go grab coffee. Your treat obviously."

I give her a sarcastic smile, "Obviously."

As Cami walks away, Henrik starts to fuss against me and I start to bounce him softly as Vincent looks at him over my shoulder.

"Such a shame that he looks like a Mikaelson already." Vincent comments and I roll my eyes with a smile firmly on my face.

"I happen to think that Mikaelsons are quite a good looking bunch." I reply as I look down at Henrik's tiny face.

Vincent chuckles, "I suppose you're right. You have to admit that you do have soft spot for them."