Chapter 7 - A Desperate Plan

Dozens of vampires have congregated in the courtyard of the compound, where they all talk amongst themselves and drink

Dozens of vampires have congregated in the courtyard of the compound, where they all talk amongst themselves and drink. All the vampires form a circle as they wait for the announcement of who the first fighters will be.

"Felicia and Otto!" Marcel announces.

Felicia and Otto fight while the rest of the vampires cheer them on. At one point, it appears that Otto has the upper hand, but ultimately Felicia wins the fight by wrapping her legs around his neck and twisting her hips to snap his neck.

Klaus vamps into the courtyard and behind Felicia, snapping her neck. As Felicia falls to the floor the whole room goes silent as they look at Klaus.

"Good evening! I'd like a word." Klaus says up to Marcel, who had been watching from a balcony that overlooks the courtyard.

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asks Klaus, unamused.

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs!" Elijah says, sternly as the crowd parts for him and he walks towards the middle where Klaus stands.

"We've come here for the girl. Give her to us, or we kill everyone here." Elijah informs Marcel.

"Starting with you." Elijah adds his tone unwavering.

"You two got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands." Marcel says to the two of them, unimpressed by their disruption.

Klaus smiles fakely at Marcel as he questions, "Your home, is it?"

"The girl! I will not ask again." Elijah demands angrily, no longer in the mood for pleasantries.

"I assume you're talking about Phoebe? About yea high, Dark hair, killer attitude?" Marcel describes Phoebe as he moves his neck subconsciously as he remembers his meeting with her. 

Klaus catches the slight movement and smirks at it.

"Who is she, anyway?" Marcel asks curiously.

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends." Klaus says as his smirk grows.

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave but imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Phoebe answered the door and we exchanged... words. But that's it. If you don't believe me, your welcome to look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Phoebe isn't here, then where is she?"

Elijah and Klaus look towards each other at Marcel's question.

Marcel dismisses the crowd of vampires before instructing some of his inner circle to fetch a witch and bring her to the compound.

Elijah and Klaus sit on the chairs in the courtyard and Elijah's leg starts to bounce as they wait.

"Elijah, would you stop that. I am sure Phoebe is fine. If she wasn't, she would have sent a distress pain through our link." Klaus tells Elijah as he leans back in his chair.