Chapter 9

Indhrajith's Pov

I woke up when the sun rays hit my face through the window. My eyes landed on the picture of Nithya just like everyday.

Good morning Nithya..... I said and got out of the bed after unwrapping that girl's shawl from me. I put it on the bed and got out of it.

Getting inside the bathroom to do my morning routine. I rewind my behaviors these days. Recent days I've been sleeping wrapping her shawl around me. Even I don't know why I'm doing it but its comforting as if I'm in a safe place. My oscillating heart and mind feels relaxed by that scent.

I got out of the shower and quickly dressed. I made some toast for breakfast and I had some orange juice along with it.

Before leaving the home. I stood infront of the picture of Nithya and me. A smile crept on my face...irrespective of the pain I'm going through.

Holding myself together. I left the home grabbing my car keys. I drove my car to my uncle's company where I have made my temporary setup as I'm just looking for a good office space.

I looked at time it's 9.30 am. So I have to rush....

I reached the office and carried out my day to day task.

I became a workaholic to avoid some thoughts...

I don't know how long I have been working like this. I got back to the world when I heard a knock on the door.

Come in.... I permitted.

I saw mama coming inside my cabin.

Sollunga mama... I said.

Indrajith amma kitta pesalaya pa.. She called me this morning. She is worried about you..... He said.

That's when I realized I didn't talk to her for the past 2 days.

Sorry mama work tension aprom new office space paakuradula maranduten.... Ippo call panren.... I said looking at the time.

Australia is 4 and half hours ahead of India. Its 3pm now so it would be      10. 30 am in India. Right time to call her.

Ok appo pesitu vaa....he said and left.

I video called my amma....

After Nithya's death, amma gave me time to accept the truth after sometime she pestered me to get married. I couldn't do anything. She fixed my marriage and it came till the wedding stage but the marriage doesn't happen because of my work behind it.

None has found about it till now... But this continuous effort of amma to bring some girl in my life, created some distance between us.

When amma attend the call. I concentrated on it.

Video call

Amma : Indrajith epdi da iruka rendu naazha call panave illa.

Me : konjam busy ma. Neega epdi irukeenga, appa epdi irukanga..

Amma : we are fine. Time and weather ku adjust aagirucha.

Me : mmm ama..

Amma : lunch sapturuka matiye..

I smiled a little when she find it.

Me: call pesi mudichitu sapda thaan poren

When I was talking to her. I saw that girl sitting in a chair nearby and peaking at the phone.

She is smiling....a smile which can make anyone fall for it.

Amma: ennada pesamatra. Is everything all right.