2.

Mid-Wilshire
June 2018

**Gwen had woken up earlier then she intended to

**
Gwen had woken up earlier then she intended to. The anxiety of starting a new job started to creep up at her the minute her head hit her pillow. Growing up Gwen was raised to have confidence in everything she did, but she couldn't help the fact that sometimes anxiety got the best of her. As a women who worked in law enforcement she felt like she had to push her self ten times harder to prove her worth.

Gwen had to be at the station before 8 am roll call. She was pretty much ready as she smoothed out her outfit in the mirror. Jeans, with a black body suit tucked in, and her favorite ankle booties. She kept her hair in its natural wavy state, and applied minimal makeup to her face.

Gwen glanced down at the gold badge the read 'detective' on it and clipped it on her waist band along with her gun. Remy looked up at her with his leash in his mouth ready to go to doggy daycare for the day. Gwen felt bad leaving her new puppy home alone, so last night she had to look into facilities for him.

Gwen grabbed her bag and things and left her home.

**
The traffic wasn't as bad compared to Boston city traffic. Gwen remembered the times where she sat for hours on her commute home. LA didn't seem that bad for Gwen. In fact it felt like she was on holiday. Beautiful palm trees, beautiful weather what could go wrong?

Gwen laughed at her thought as she pulled into a designated parking space for detectives. She grabbed her belongings and locked her Jeep before heading inside the station.

The building reminded her of Boston almost the same set up. Cops roaming around with coffees in hand in attempt to reconcile before roll call. Some were in what she assumed the room for roll call is. She walked up to the receptionist desk and smiled "Hi, I'm detective Gwen Rivers, could you show me where Sergeant Grey's office is?" Gwen asked the officer behind the desk.

The officer nodded and pointed down the hallway. Gwen thanked the officer and walked down the hall. Many officers stopped and stared and some even greeted the newest detective. Gwen stopped at the door and knocked before entering after hearing a man say "come in"

Gwen stepped inside the room taking in the surroundings of the many plaques on the wall. Sergeant Grey turned around and smiled at the newest member of Wil-Shire.

Her blue eyes met her new boss in front of her "Hi, I'm Gwen Rivers, you must be Sergeant Grey?" She introduced her self holding out her hand for him to shake. Grey shook his head and smiled taking in her appearance. She was young, attractive, and seemed like she could pull her own weight.

"Nice to meet you detective Rivers, I'm Sergeant Grey. How was your flight from Boston?" He asked looking down at her file. Gwen smiled at the politeness "Not to bad. I'm happy to be here".