45

Chapter Forty-Five
Daddy Cop

**The home was quiet as everyone in the household was asleep

**
The home was quiet as everyone in the household was asleep. Baby Benjamin was sleeping peacefully in his crib. Remy was sleeping in his crate. Leaving Gwen, and Tim asleep in their bedroom.

No one twitched as the front door creaked open. Large footsteps followed through the house as they got closer to the large stair case in the corner.

They made its way upstairs stopping and checking each bedroom before landing on Gwen's. The only thing they could make out was Gwen's blonde hair rested against the silk pillow.

A gloved hand reached out so quietly as they started to caress the blonde locks. Gwen stirred in her sleep feeling movement. Her blue eyes tiredly opened as she adjusted to the darkness Infront of her.

Her eyes crumbled in fear as she saw the person in front of her holding a large knife.

"Jacob!!?" She yelled her blue eyes widening in horror. Before he could strike at her she was abruptly woken up from her dream.

**
Gwen gasped as she was woken up from her dream. Tim was holding her as he whispered calming thoughts into her ear.

"It's okay baby, you're safe. It was just a nightmare" he tells her as he gently places his hand on her growing 6 month baby bump.

Gwen nods as she lets a few tears fall down her face. She turns her head and looks over at Tim "It was Jacob he escaped from prison. He broke in and tried to kill me" she says.

Jacob was her ex boyfriend who had horribly abused her and had caused her to miscarry with her first pregnancy.

Tim becomes sad as he senses how scared his fiancé is.

"Can you call the prison to make sure he's there still?" Gwen asks as she finally starts to calm down. Tim nods although he knew he was still there he would call to make her feel better.

Gwen became calm as soon as she felt her baby girl kick her stomach. She glances at the clock and see it's nearly 5 am "Well I'm awake now, might as well get up" she tells him.

He nods and leans over to peck her lips.

**
Gwen was particularly stressed today ever since she had that horrible nightmare. Everything seemed to bother her. To add the cherry on top of that. It was a heatwave in Los Angeles which only meant two things. Gwen would be incredibly cranky because of the heat, and calls would be high in the city.