19.

Mid-Wilshire
Season 3, Ep 1
Part 2

Officer Nolan stands in his bedroom

Officer Nolan stands in his bedroom. He's just uncovered the evidence planted in his wall, and there are police lights and radio chatter outside his house. Detective Armstrong was on his way to the hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound in the shoulder. Serj Darian had accused Nolan and Harper of being a dirty cop.

Officer Bradford and Gwen were both on their way to Nolan's house to help with the warranted search that was in process.

Gwen couldn't wrap her mind about what was happening, and she honestly didn't want to believe it was real. She didn't believe Nolan was a dirty cop. He was always so nice and generous.

"Do you think he did it?" Gwen asked. Tim shrugged "I don't know" he said truthfully.  He didn't want to believe it himself but he didn't know how he was outside of work.  Nolan was taken back to the station for questioning with Internal Affairs.

**
Lucy sat in the back of the shop she was still in disbelief about everything going on. They watched as the Officers went in and out of the house.

"We should be tearing Armstrong's house apart, not Nolan's." Lucy said.

"Relax, Boot. We're doing both. Look, we got a job to do. We can't play favorites." He said.

"There is no way that Harper and Nolan are dirty." She said getting out of the car. Gwen got out putting on some gloves to assist in the search.

"Three days ago, you'd have said the same thing about Erin Cole." He said following their actions.

"Y-- Sure. But I know Nolan a hell of a lot better than I knew Erin, and so do you. He's got the strongest moral compass of us all." She said.

Tim shrugged "Maybe. Or maybe that's only who he is when it's easy. Look, at the end of the day, we only think we know other people. I learned that the hard way." Gwen looked at him and sighed. It seemed like he was always hung up on Isabel and the pain she had caused him. She truly didn't know if he had moved on from it. She knew he went through a hard time with her but, they had a new life together.

Quite frankly it was stressing her out especially with a baby on the way. Gwen didn't say anything or wanting to start an argument as she helped with the search.

Gwen continued to search the house trying to find anything useful that could be use to prove Nolan's innocence. She couldn't help but feel waves of nausea hit her.

Gwen enters Nolan's bedroom seeing Chen and Bradford talking. Tim looks at Gwen she seemed uncomfortable. He knew the face she had, it looked like she was going to throw up.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tim asked her. Gwen looked at Lucy who seemed a bit worried. Gwen looked back at her boyfriend and nodded "I'm okay" she said.

Tim nodded not seeming convinced. He watched as she looked around the room and stopped at the footprint made of drywall dust. She follows the footprints which lead to outside. There's a trash bag on the other side of the fence.

"You don't think that's random garbage, do you?" Chen asked. Gwen shook her head "No, that's Nolan being smart. He knew we'd find the goods, so he chucked 'em down the hill." She said.

"Our warrant is for Nolan's property, not the neighbor's. So, if we open that bag without a Steagald warrant, anything we find in there will be inadmissible" Lucy said. Tim nodded "Exactly. So let's go get that warrant." Tim said.

Gwen shook her head no "Go for it. But it's a waste of time" she said.

"Look, that is not the evidence. Nolan wouldn't jeopardize evidence by throwing it down a hill, where it could be damaged or destroyed. If I'm right and he's innocent, then that means the real evidence is hidden somewhere in this house. That bag is just a fake-out meant to buy him some time." Gwen said.

"Time? for what?" Tim asked.

"To buy himself some time" Lucy said. Gwen nodded and opened her mouth to talk but quickly stopped. She held her hand up as Tim was about to say something "Hold on" she said. She quickly walked outside in the opposite direction of the house and threw up in the garbage.

Tim and Lucy immediately followed behind Gwen and watched as she groaned.

"Oh my god, Gwen are you okay?" Lucy asked. Gwen looked at Tim who nodded signaling she should tell her. Gwen nodded and smiled "Yeah, I'm pregnant" she said in a low voice so no one would hear.

She watched as Lucy's eyes lit up as she looked in between Tim and Gwen "Oh my god. I knew it! Congratulations!" She said pulling Gwen into a hug. Gwen stopped her from the hug immediately feeling like she had to throw up again.

"I'll give you a hug when you're not throwing up" she said. Gwen gave her a thumbs up as she emptied out her stomach into the trash with the help of Tim.

**

Hours had passed Nolan had talked to internal affairs regarding the case and how he was innocent. Despite Wesley's attempts to have him keep quiet Nolan knew it was best to come forward.

Tim, Gwen and Lucy had been searching the house for a couple of more hours. Lucy pulls out a bag from the water heater as Tim is talking to Percy West of internal affairs.

She sighed holding the bag up "Told you so" she said. Gwen grabbed the bag from Lucy and looked inside seeing the evidence.

"We got police files, a couple pistols, and a bunch of cash" Tim said into the phone as he looked into the bag.

"All right. CSU will process it. If there's as much as a single DNA strand from Armstrong on it, we'll know he's involved. You up for another assignment?" Percy asked.

"Whatever you need" Tim said.

"Drive up to Chowchilla and retrieve the security footage of Nolan's meeting with Rosalind Dyer yesterday" he said. Tim immediately looked over at Gwen.

"What? Sir, I'm -- I'm not sure we're the right team for that assignment, given Detective Rivers history with Rosalind Dyer" Gwen immediately looked at Tim who felt extremely worried for his girlfriends well-being.

"What assignment?" She asked.

"He wants us to get the surveillance tape from Nolan's meeting with Rosalind yesterday." Tim said. Gwen's eyes widened as did Lucy's "What he hell is doing meeting with Rosalind?" Lucy asked.

"It's not a problem" Gwen said although she felt some anxiety creep on her. She was professional she wasn't going to let this meeting bother her.

Tim looked at his girlfriend and sighed. Gwen stepped out of the house needing some fresh air.

"Well this was not on my agenda today" she said.

Oh boy! Lucy knows she's pregnant. Gwen is a hot mess especially now that she is going to see Rosalind, and poor Tim and Nolan!
What do we think??