33.

Mid-Wilshire
Season 4, Ep 6

**Gwen was feeling home sick as she would call it the Boston blues

**
Gwen was feeling home sick as she would call it the Boston blues. Fall was her favorite time of year and now that November approached she couldn't help but miss the crisp weather. Being in LA and heavily pregnant she was constantly hot and moody.

Gwen had two more weeks left until she started her maternity leave and she was beyond ready. After Halloween had passed Gwen was ready to sit home and relax and wait for the baby to come. Gwen now entered her 8th month, meaning she would be at the OB at least every week to check and see how her cervix was doing.

"Package came for you" Tim announced snapping Gwen out of her thoughts. Gwen looked over at Tim watching as she walked into the kitchen with a large box in hand.

She looked at him confused as he placed the box on the counter "I didn't order anything" she stated. She looked at the shipping label and immediately smiled when she saw where it came from.

"It's from my parents! They must've sent me something" she said opening the box. She smiled as she read the cute little note to her self. Inside the box was a couple of neutral onesies, a Christmas collar for Remy, and some of Gwen's favorite fall candles. The simple gesture made Gwen instantly get teary eyed.

"I love it so much. It reminds me of home" Gwen says. Tim nodded and rubbed her shoulder in attempts to comfort the hormonal women.

Gwen looked at the time and stood up cleaning up her face. They both had to be at the station soon.

**

Grey had briefed all of the Officers during roll call of all their duties for the day. Gwen had been assigned to stay at the station with Officer Thorsen to work on any paper work and light case work. Gwen wasn't allowed to leave the station and be on patrol it was Tim and Grey's rules.

Before Tim had left with Jerry, 55 year old Officer who needed to retire. He walked up to Officer Thorsen when Gwen went to the bathroom.

"Sergeant Bradford, what can I do for you?" He asked. Tim glanced over his shoulder and back at that rookie "You make sure you have Detective Rivers back today got it?" Officer Thorsen nodded.  Tim nodded and watched as Gwen walked back up to them.

"Stay safe out there" Gwen told Tim. Tim nodded "Always am" he said.

"Ready Officer Thorsen?" She asked grabbing a the endless piles of paperwork on the desk. Thorsen nodded and looked at the pregnant women "Yes ma'am, do you need anything before we start?" He asked following her down to the file room. Gwen shook her head "No, I'm okay. But I'll let you know when I'm ready for a snack break" she says with a laugh.