42.

Chapter Fourty Two
Double Down

**Things have been going great, Gwen had been getting everything ready for her wedding coming up in six months

**
Things have been going great, Gwen had been getting everything ready for her wedding coming up in six months. Everything was going great for Gwen and Tim. Gwen had been promoted to head detective, Tim was about to become Sergeant for Metro, and baby Ben had been getting bigger as he inched closer to one year.

Gwen had been assigned to her first undercover case with Tim. Gwen was portraying Sava aka Juicy, a young woman who was money hungry, and not so bright. While Tim was portraying Jake aka Dim.

This undercover assignment caused some slight argument between Gwen and Tim. Tim didn't want Gwen to do this because he was too afraid of losing her like he lost Isabel. And also he didn't want to be away from Benjamin, who was staying with Auntie Lucy.

Today Gwen sat in the briefing roof as she listened to Sergeant Grey talk about Rosalind Dyer's trial. This trial was something that made Gwen's ears grind as she heard about the familiar name that put her through hell.

Luckily, Tim and Grey had approved of Gwen sitting out of this case. Especially since she had to help Tim and Angela.

Grey stands infront of the officers ready to brief them "All right, settle down and listen up. We got a big day ahead of us. The Rosalind Dyer trial is going to complicate all of our lives. But before that, Chief Coleman has some good news. Chief." Grey says. Chief Coleman steps out from behind Grey.

"Thank you, Sergeant. I'm sure you're all aware of Officer Nolan's heroic stand down at the border which landed a dozen dangerous felons in custody. In light of your courageous and exemplary service, I've decided to offer you any assignment in the LAPD. Any unit, any division, any position you want the department to train you for is yours. It's what we unofficially call the Golden Ticket." She announces as everyone in the room starts applauding Nolan.

"Thank you Chief Coleman, and Sergeant Grey" Nolan says with a huge smile on his features. Before he could continue 'Jakes' ringtone blares through the room causing everyone to look at Tim.

"Sorry it's Jake's phone" he looks over at Gwen, and Angela as they rush out of the room.

They get into an interrogation room before Tim answers "Yo, I thought you were never gonna call" he says.

"Had to iron out a few details, but the job's back on track. Is your lady squared away?" Hajek asks through the phone.

Gwen looks down at the phone "Hell, no. You think we don't got lives of our own, waiting around on some mystery gig?" She sasses.