44

Chapter Forty Four
The Fugitive
(season 5, ep 5)

Chapter Forty Four The Fugitive (season 5, ep 5)

**
Gwen had returned to work in no time. She took some time to focus on her mental and physical health after the accident with Rosalind. She was a little over four months pregnant. Her bump was visible, and they were waiting for the gender at their next scheduled appointment. Gwen was excited for a new baby. Now that Ben was a year old things were going good for her.

Tim was being promoted to Metro. He was nervous that the hours were going to be tough, and long especially with the new baby coming. He wanted to make sure he was always there for Gwen, and Ben. Luckily Tim still had some time until he fully transferred over.

Angela was on maternity leave. She had given birth to baby boy Jackson. leaving Gwen and Nyla to take up extra detective work. Which was difficult because Gwen and Nyla were both pregnant. Neither Tim or Grey wanted Nyla or Gwen to take on extra work.

**
Gwen was at the station preparing to head over to Shaw Memorial. A fugitive was on the loose and was spotted at the hospital. Leaving the hospital completely locked down.

Gwen had her vest strapped and both of her guns loaded and hidden, before she grabbed her car keys. She could feel her phone vibrate signaling someone was calling her.

Gwen took her phone out of her pocket as she got into her car. It was Lucy calling.

"What's up Chen?" She asks as she put the car into drive.

"Head over to Shaw memorial. Tim hurt his back. He's being treated" Gwen processed what Lucy had said before she sped over.

"I'm on my way"

*
Once Gwen had arrived at the hospital she had flashed her badge to the officers guarding the door. She was becoming nervous even though Lucy had said he was okay. She couldn't help but worry.

Gwen had scanned the hallways her eyes reading each number on the door. Before they landed on the room Tim was assigned to.

Tim looked at Gwen and sighed. He didn't want her in the hospital especially with a fugitive on the loose.

"It's probably just a muscle spasm. What are you doing here?" He asks her. Gwen closes the hospital door before walking over. She removes her vest letting out a sigh of relief. Wearing a vest made her feel like her bump was being compressed.

Gwen sighs as she sits down beside Tim. "I had to be here. Plus I was going to be assigned to the search until Lucy called. I'm sure you rather have me here. Then wandering the hospital" she explains.