43

Chapter 43
The Choice

The following chapter contains mentions of death, blood and violence

The following chapter contains mentions of death, blood and violence. Discretion is advised.

**

Each week that had passed by made it more exciting for Gwen. Gwen and Tim's wedding was nearing very close. As well as Benjamin's first birthday party. It was an exciting but busy time in their household.

Gwen and Tim had both already been out of the house for work. Tim went straight to the station. While Gwen met up with Angela and Nyla for a wellness check at a residence.

"Control, We're 4 minutes away from marked location. Show us code 4" Gwen says into the radio.

Angela looks over at Gwen and Nyla "You know, just once, I'd love a quiet morning" Angela says. Nyla and Gwen both nod in unison agreeing with Angela.

They come to a stop at a residence. Gwen makes her self known and knocks on the door. She doesn't hear anyone or any movement coming inside.

She draws her gun and walks inside the house. The house appears to be deserted with no sign of any activity or life in the home. Just dust, dirt, and sheets.

"LAPD!" Gwen yells she looks over at Nyla and Angela "Check upstairs. Go around back" she tells them. They both nod and walk away from Gwen. Gwen puts her gun back into her holster, and grabs her flash light as she continues to search.

She enters a room and looks around not seeing anyone in here. She continues to walk further in the room the only sounds of creaking floorboards can be heard. Gwen sighs and steps further but quickly stops when part of the floor beneath her starts to give her away. Gwen didn't have enough time to react as she is dropped into a small round chamber.

She lands roughly on her back as she lets out a loud groan. She looks around it's too tall for her to climb out, and above her a grate rolls through entrapping her inside.

She looks to her right and sees a painted message on the wall Got You Finally it reads.

Fear immediately runs through her as she screams for help. The only person that she could think of doing this was Rosalind.

*
Tim was back at the station with Lucy when Sergeant Grey immediately runs over.

"Uh-oh that doesn't seem good" Lucy says. Rookie Juarez walks over with Nolan.

"Bradford, we think Rosalind has Gwen trapped in a house in the valley. We have officers escorting Tamara and Benjamin to the station for safety" Grey says.