34.

Mid-Wilshire
Season 4, Ep 8

Mid-Wilshire Season 4, Ep 8

**

Gwen was an emotional mess this morning. It was her last day of work before maternity leave. She couldn't help but feel happy and sad. Tim however felt relieved he was happy that after todays shift she would be home resting. He may have also been counting down the days until her leave.

Gwen sat in the passenger seat of Tim's truck as he drove to the station. Tim looked over at Gwen as she looked out the window. She looked deep into thought. He knew this was a bitter sweet moment for her. He reached over grabbing her hand "It's crazy how In just less then a month our baby will be here" Tim said. Gwen looked over and nodded with a small smile. It was true they had finally finished getting everything ready for the baby.

Once they got to the station they were immediately assigned for the day. Gwen luckily was finishing her last day with Tim. Nolan was with Angela, and Thorsen was with Chen. Despite protests from Tim, Gwen wanted to finish her last shift on patrol instead of being at the station. She did compromise with Tim that if it was ever unsafe she would stay at the station.

Tim went to go grab kit gear when Smitty walked up to Gwen with a bottle of water in hand.

"Make sure you vote for Smitty" he said handing her a water bottle. Gwen looked down at the bottle and laughed at the labeling of Smitty's face on the bottle.

Gwen walked up to Nolan and Chen as they watched the interaction they had.

"He can't really believe he can buy votes with water bottles. I mean, not when I have a real message, a message of change." Nolan says. Chen pulls out her phone looking down at something.

"Actually, he's beating you. I did some polling, and you are definitely behind." Chen said.

Nolan scoffs "I'm losing to Smitty?" He says in disbelief. Tim walked up to them instantly taking the water bottle from Gwen.

"It's from his sink" Tim says. Gwen looks back at Smitty as he handed out water to everyone. Gwen rolls her eyes.

Nolan looks at Tim as he thought of an idea "You know what would really help? An endorsement from someone respected within the department." He suggested. Tim looked at Nolan shaking his head  "No, don't drag me into this. No, I have never endorsed a candidate, and I never will. Voting is a private matter." Tim says.

Tim looks at Gwen motioning her to follow him. She waves bye to the Officers and follows Tim to the shop.

Tim almost stops in his tracks when he notices a familiar figure outside.