Chapter 2

TWs: Abuse, swearing, drinking, blood
___________________________________________

"Alright, you go play downstairs in the basement and I'll bring dinner once I've done cooking it, OK? And once you finish, we can eat the ice creams we got from Tamaki." Scaramouche told Shoko as he kicked off his sneakers, before helping Shoko untie hers.

"Alright." Shoko nodded before walking off to the basement to go play with those dolls of hers. Seriously, how did kids fine those dolls cute and pretty? To Scaramouche, they looked like little plastic demons covered in makeup.

Getting all the ingredients out onto the kitchen counter, Scaramouche began cooking pasta. He only made some for Shoko. He hated pasta anyways and wasn't really feeling hungry. Maybe he'll just eat a bar of snickers and call it a day. After setting the pasta on the plate, he took it down to the basement where Shoko was playing with her dolls. Scaramouche was the one who made some of shokos toys. The rest of the toys were Tamakis younger sisters old toys she couldn't play with anymore. Shokos favorite one was the purple wool doll Scaramouche knitted for her as a gift for her 8th birthday a few months ago. He tried to make it look like Shoko but she said it looked like Scaramouche in a dress and Tamaku agreed.

"Shoko, dinner's ready." He said, setting it down on an old kiddie table he'd set up a few years back. Surprised it was still standing. The basement had been turned into this little house for Shoko and Scaramouche when Shoko was 2 years old, using old furniture and anything they could get from free clearance stores and Tamaki. It took a whole month to set everything up but it managed to turn out perfect for something made out of random trash.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" Shoko asked, noticing there was only one plate of pasta.

"Pasta isn't much to my taste so I think I'll pass." Scaramouche replied. "Now eat up."

"Okay~" Shoko sat down at the kiddie table and started to shove the red pasta into her mouth quickly.

"What's with the rush?" Scaramouche asked, sitting down on the sofa to watch T.V. It was just some old box,a CRT T.V, something you definitely won't see in a house much nowadays. Scaramouche just managed to get it from an old granny who used to live next door but had to move to an old folks home so Scaramouche helped her move and he got some things out of it.

"I want to play some more before you start nagging me to do homework, and go to bed." Shoko replied, with a mouthful of pasta.

"I see, well, what homework have you go today?" He asked, pulling her school bag towards himself.

"Math, science and Teyvat (yes, I named their language Teyvat)." Shoko replied.

"This is a lot." Scaramouche said, sorting through the worksheets. "We're going to have start quickly on these to get you to bed early."

"Dammit." Shoko mumbled, crossing her arms.

"You can play for another hour and than We'll start work." Scaramouche said turning the T.V on.

"Really?! Yay!" Shoko squealed, happily, running to her toys.

"And, of course, I wash the dishes..." Scaramouche muttered, turning the T.V off.

He took the plate up to the kitchen and began to wash it when the front door suddenly opened. It was his father. Scaramouche turned his head to the clock to see it was only 7.30pm. His dad normally came home at 9-10.30pm.

"You're home early today, father." He said, putting the plate aside.

"They decided to let us off early today." His father answered, loosening his tie and taking off his shoes. "Is Akuhei home?"