Chapter 53

It was finally the last day of exams for Kazuha, Heizou and Scaramouche. Venti and Xiao still had a few more days left. They just needed to get through this and they would be fine. The four seniors stood by in the hall in their half an hour break between the exams, waiting for Scaramouche to appear when some kids from Scaramouche's batch approached them. They looked like trouble to them.

"Yo." The one in the lead said with a grin.

"Hm? What do you want?" Venti asked, not really in the mood for nagging from first years.

"Nothing, You guys know that dude, Scaramouche right?" The boy asked.

"Scara? Yeah, we know him. Is he your classmate?" Heizou asked.

"In math. But we've met a couple of other times." The group shared grins, a silent joke passing through them.

"So?" Venti snapped, just wanting the annoying gang to go away.

The dark-haired boy looked around before lowering his voice to an almost whisper. "Is it true he tried to kill himself?" 

The four stared at them in surprise. How the hell did these guys find out?! They shared uncertain looks, not sure if they should confirm or say no. But this hesitation was enough for the gang to figure it out.

"I knew it!" The boy in the center said, sharing more grins with his friends. Kazuha felt annoyed by this. What the fuck was there to smile about in this? 

"You know, he really should've just done it." The boy laughed. "It'd be better off without that emo scum anyway!" All of them collectively laughed. Kazuha felt a spark of rage ignite in him and Venti stopped forward with a ferocious glare.

"You little-!" But before the boy could do anything, they heard fast footsteps approaching them and there was a flash of blue and purple as a manicured hand stretched out and slapped the leading boy on his face, leaving behind a angry red mark on the cheek.

It was Mona. Her face was livid as she glared down at the boys in front of her. Scaramouche stood a few steps behind, surprise all over his face. The other four also stared at the girl in front of them with shock. She stepped forward and grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt.

"If I hear you say that shit again, I will break you neck. Now fuck off you son of a bitch." She said through clenched teeth, shaking him slightly before pushing him forward. The boy looked as though he was going to retort, but Mona's sharp glare and the pain on his face was enough for him to scramble away with his stupid gang. Mona sighed and dusted her hands together before glancing at the four seniors, still gazing at her with surprise. She only side-eyed them before a small smirk formed on her lips and she strutted away with a single 'hmph.'

Scaramouche watched her go as he walked over to stand next to Kazuha.

"Who was that?" Heizou finally spoke, his voice full of admiration.

"Mona. My cousin." Scaramouche answered.

"Dude, your cousin is amazing!" Heizou said, with an awed grin.

"She is." Scaramouche agreed with a small smile.

This trance was broken as the bell rang, signaling the next exam was starting. Kazuha and Heizou ran into a panic as Venti and Xiao just walked away with a single 'good luck'. Scaramouche watched the two idiots panic before letting out a small chuckle and making his way to the exam hall. Just this one final exam and they would be free.

--------------

"We're free!" Heizou cheered as the five teenagers ran outside of their exam halls, having just submitted their final exam paper.

"YOU guys are. Me and Xiao still have some exams." Venti let out an annoyed sigh. No one retorted back. The dark shadows under his eyes and irritated expression was enough to tell anyone snapping back was a death wish.

"Well, you two go study then~!" Heizou said with a smirk, making a shooing gesture at Venti and Xiao. If looks could kill, Heizou would have probably dropped dead from the sharp glare Venti shot at him. 

"Let's go.. Good luck with exams, you two!" Kazuha hurriedly pulled Heizou away, sensing the danger as Scaramouche followed after the two.

"Bye." Xiao nodded at them. Venti only stalked away, angrily with Xiao in tow who was probably already thinking of all the ice cream flavors at Venti's favorite place to see which would cheer him up right now. 

"You seriously need to leave Venti alone these days, Heizou. He already has so much on his plate." Kazuha lectured with a shake of his head.

"Yeah, yeah..." Heizou said, who was not even listening. "Anyway, what should we do now that summer has officially started for us?!" He asked excitedly. 

"Sleep." Scaramouche responded, with a yawn.

"Yeah, you and Kazuha can go and cuddle in bed together at night later!" Heizou said, rolling his eyes. Both Kazuha and Scaramouche blushed furiously at this and Scaramouche just kicked Heizou on the ankle. "OW, WHAT THE FUCK?!" Heizou exclaimed, hopping away from Scaramouche on foot. 

"Can we just ditch  him and go somewhere ourselves?" Scaramouche asked Kazuha, ignoring Heizou.

"Wow!" Heizou said, putting a hand on his heart with an offended expression as Kazuha laughed.

"Alright, enough fighting. Why don't we just go to Heizou's  house to play video games?" Kazuha suggested.

"Sounds good enough." Heizou shrugged.

"Fine." Scaramouche muttered.

Kazuha only grinned and threw his arm around Scaramouche's shoulders, as the three walked the path to Heizou's house where they stayed the entire night.