Chapter 20

TW, ABUSE!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a pretty tiring day for Scaramouche. He felt as if all his energy had been basically exhausted. He didn't even have the energy to cook dinner today. Maybe he should make Shoko a sandwich and throw himself into bed and spend the rest of his day scrolling through social media while Shoko wrecked havoc in the basement because of him ignoring his daily responsibilities. 

But, of course, he couldn't.

Scaramouche doesn't cook dinner for just Shoko. He's in charge of cooking all the meals for everyone in the house. And he didn't want to know which beating would greet him if he didn't cook dinner tonight. So, of course, he got to work. Today he decided to just make some rice. Rice was pretty easy to make so he could be done quick. 

Shoko wandered off to play in the basement with her toys while Scaramouche took his place in the kitchen and began cooking. He was just boiling the rice in the pot when the front door opened. It was his father and that bitchy girlfriend of his. Both of them staggered in to the house, carrying a strong smell of alcohol, laughing loudly. Clearly, they were drunk. Probably just came back from the club or something. They would normally spend the entire day at a club whenever his father would get a day off of work. Imagine his co-workers expressions if they ever found out what sort of man their respectable senior really was. 

"Getting to dinner? Why couldn't you have started earlier, huh?" His father said, noticing Scaramouche cooking.

His fury sparked when Scaramouche didn't respond and he stomped over, grabbed the pot of boiling water and spilled it all over Scaramouche. Scaramouche let out a cry of pain when the water burned his skin. The bitch let out a laugh at his pain and his father banged the pot on Scaramouche's head, before moving back to his girlfriend.

Scaramouche sat their on the ground, vision moving in and out of focus. His head was spinning and it hurt, badly. His skin was screaming in pain but he couldn't treat the burns right now. He had to make a move on dinner. But now he has to go back to the start thanks to his father spilling all the rice and water on the floor.

Fucking hell, he hates living here...

Scaramouche covered his ears with the pillow, trying to ignore the non-stop ringing of his phone. Who the fuck was calling him at 3am?! He didn't want to talk to any bastards at 3am!! But after twenty minutes of ignoring the phone, it was evident the caller was not going to give up. Plus, this ringing would soon wake up Shoko and maybe his father, who would come and let his fists say good night. 

He grabbed the phone and answered it.

"What?!" He said, angrily.

"Hey." Came the voice on the other end.

It was Kazuha.

"Fucking hell, what do you want now?" Scaramouche said, lying back down.

"Nothing, I was just bored." Kazuha responded.

Scaramouche felt like bashing the phone against the wall.

"Would you feel bored if I grabbed a dictionary and demonstrated how it feels to have your brains dashed out?" He said, a threatening anger ringing in every syllabus.

Any normal person could have sensed this and hang up immediately but Kazuha was a lunatic who loved to risk his life.

"I don't think I'd be feeling anything since I would be dad." He said, as though it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Can you just explain why you called me in at 3am?" Scaramouche muttered, already done with Kazuha.

"I just wanted someone to talk to?" Kazuha responded. "Heizou isn't picking up, and Venti's phone is off. Xiao blocked mine and Heizou's number a week ago since we bothered him with calls the entire night."

"Well, go bother someone else. I'm sure you have plenty of friends outside of your weird, nerdy otaku group." Scaramouche said, getting ready to hang up.

"Why don't you want to talk to me? Do you hate me that much?" Kazuha whined.

Scaramouche stayed silent. Is this seriously his senior?! This whining voice really belonged to his senior?! One of the most admired seniors ever?! Scaramouche was in extreme disbelief. 

"Alright, alright... I'll talk to you..." Scaramouche said, giving into Kazuha's whining. Seriously, what is up with him? He never gives into pleading or begging (unless it's Shoko- she's an exception) but here he is listening to Kazuha ramble on about stupid stuff like the latest manga he read or the animes he's been watching or Honkai Impact 3rd and Honkai Star Rail. 

To be honest, it felt nice listening to Kazuha just happily talk about his interests. He didn't know why but it just sort of put him at ease and it felt soothing too... Ah, fucking hell, his thought process is so weird these days. He needs to snap out of it. Why do these weird feelings keep coming back to him?! And if he could, he would grab those shitty butterflies that were using his stomach as a party arena and cook them to serve in his father's next meal. 

Ahh, this all felt so confusing!!