Chapter 6

"Good morning, everyone!" Venti yelled, entering the living room and flashing all the lights on.

"Ugh..." Kazuha sat up, stretching. "Will you ever stop waking us up like this?"

"Nope!" Venti responded, with a bright smile, as he went to the kitchen to start on breakfast.

"Goddammit, Venti..." Heizou groaned, angrily. "Why can't you let us sleep?"

"You all sleep in too much. It's already 11. We have to pick up Shoko and drop you all off." Venti said, pointing to the clock. 

"Whatever..." Heizou muttered, still pissed.

"Oh, get over it." Venti said, rolling his eyes. "Anyways, what do you all want for breakfast?"

"Xiao's not cooking?" Kazuha asked. "I liked his pancakes."

"He's asleep. No matter how much shake him, he still won't wake up." Venti answered, shooting a glare at Xiao's bedroom door. "So, we're leaving him here."

"Yeah, can you make us some waffles?" Kazuha asked. "I'm going to go to the bathroom."

"Alright!" Venti said, getting the ingredients out. "Scaramouche, can you help me?"

"Sure." Scaramouche went over to join Venti at the kitchen. "You know your way well around here."

"Xiao's house is sort of our hangout area, you know? And when Xiao doesn't feel up to cooking, I do it since those other two are useless as hell." Venti said, adding flour to the bowl.

"I see. What do I do?" Scaramouche asked.

"Can you take out the waffle iron for me? And, also, grab the milk from the fridge." Venti instructed him.

"Alright.' Scaramouche easily got the milk but the waffle iron was a bit of a challenge since Xiao's kitchen was so disorganized, but they were able to make a stack of waffles and Xiao had also woken up and joined Kazuha and Heizou in the living room where they had turned the morning news on. 

"Breakfast is served!" Venti declared, holding up the plate.

"Thanks, Venti and Scaramouche." Kazuha said, taking two waffles off the plate.

"These are amazing." Heizou said, through a mouthful of waffles. 

"Ehe~ No need to thank us." Venti said, sitting down with his own portion of waffles.

"You're not going to eat?" Xiao asked Scaramouche, who was the only one who hadn't touched the waffles.

"No, I'm not really hungry right now." Scaramouche said.

"Alright, if you say so." 

"Hmm, we should start heading out now." Venti said, looking at the clock. "We'll pick up Shoko and drop Scaramouche off first."

"Don't you technically mean drop YOU off first, since it's your house we're going to first?" Heizou said.

"Oh yeah! Drop me off first and than Scaramouche!" Venti corrected himself.

"Let's just go." Kazuha said.

Shoko and Klee were still asleep when they arrived at Venti's, so they all just went inside where Albedo made them some hot chocolate. They all just sat down in the living room table together, talking about what they did all night. Albedo apparently had it rough with the two kids. He was forced to play the aunt in their tea parties and wear frilly accessories and even more nightmares, which they all had a good laugh over.

"Good morning, everyone!" Klee and Shoko shouted, as they ran into the living room and tackled their brothers. 

"Good morning, Shoko." Scaramouche said, as she sat down on his lap.

"How was Klee's night? Did you have fun?" Venti asked Klee.

"It was so much fun! Klee and Shoko played a lot and Shoko even let Klee play with the dolls! She told Klee her brother made those!" Klee told Venti, excitedly.

"You make dolls?" Kazuha asked Scaramouche.

"Not exactly. I stitched two out of some cloth and wool for Shoko's birthday." Scaramouche responded, feeling a bit embarrassed, now.

"That's so cool!" Venti said. 

"Can you make any for Klee?" Klee asked.

"I mean, sure, I could." Scaramouche said. "If you have the materials, I guess."

"I'm sure we have plenty of wool and cloth lying around!" Venti said. "Maybe we all can make some dolls together!"

"That's sounds like a great idea!" Heizou agreed. "Come on, let's go start in Venti's bedroom."

"Yay!" Klee and Shoko cheered as the group ran up to Venti's bedroom. 

Soon, they were all making their own style dolls with Scaramouche's help. Venti must have stabbed himself with the needle about 5 times in his right hand until Xiao offered to help him. Klee had made some little white creature she called 'Dodoco' and Shoko made her favorite animal, a dark purple cat. Kazuha was kind enough to comment that it looked just like Scaramouche so it was named 'Scara 2.0' by everyone. Kazuha just made himself and Heizou too though it looked a bit messy. Venti and Xiao made dolls of each other -"Not even trying to be humble, those two lovesick shits." Heizou grumbled- and Albedo made a green-haired girl with glasses. He said it was a birthday gift for a friend's upcoming birthday. Albedo said friend, Venti and Heizou said crush. 

"I think we should clean up now before mom and dad get upset at this mess, and than you all can head home." Albedo said. The floor was littered with scraps and bits of cloth, wool, needles and thread, and pillows from around the house to feel comfortable on the wooden floor. 

After cleaning everything up, they bid Venti, Albedo and Klee goodbye before going into the car to drop off each other at their houses. Apparently, the car was Venti's but Xiao often drove it too and no one else was allowed to since Kazuha was yet to take his test and Heizou flunked. 

"Alright, we're here, Scaramouche." Xiao said.

"Thanks, Xiao. And everyone else, too. It was fun." Scaramouche said. That truly was the most fun he had ever had and he wouldn't mind doing it again.

"No problem! See you soon." Heizou said, with a two fingered salute.

"Bye, Scara." Kazuha said, with a small wave.

Xiao just nodded bye before driving off.

"That was so much fun!" Shoko said, as they walked up to the door. "Your new friends are really cool, brother!"

That's when it hit Scaramouche. He had friends now.  This little bit of information was probably the most unbelievable and happiest thing Scaramouche had ever heard. Never had a single person tried to get to know since he came in school since he was always just the 'special kid' that needed special treatment at school due to the school counselor thing. So this really lifted Scaramouche's mood.

"You're right. They are cool." Scaramouche agreed, with a bright smile.