Chapter 14

The next day at school, lunch was a it awkward. Both Scaramouche and Kazuha just sat in silence staring at their food or, in Scaramouche's case, the table. Both could barely say anything to each other after the incident last night. Of course, Venti noticed this.

"So..." Venti began, trying to break the tension, but stopping, since he had nothing to say.

It was so hard! These two were as silent as mice and Xiao and Heizou were still on suspension until next Monday so he couldn't rely on them for something! It's not like they would be of any help, anyways. Xiao would honestly prefer the silence and Heizou would probably eat anywhere as long as it's far away enough from Xiao.  Unable to stand the silence any longer, Venti finally spoke.

"Alright, what is going on?!" He burst out. "Are you two still in shock from yesterday or something happened when you went home together?!"

No reply.

Venti just glared at his two friends before turning back to his food.

"Honestly, you guys are so silent... WHAT happened??" Venti asked. Honestly, they act like the most horrifying things just happened to them! Sort of like Albedo when he heard of Venti's situation and moved in...

Wait...

Was it something like that?

It couldn't possible be Kazuha...

Than was it Scaramouche...?

Should he ask? It was an extremely sensitive topic...

He decided to just gather up his courage and take the chance.

"Is one of you being abused back home?" He asked, before wincing. Too straightforward... 

Kazuha and Scaramouche both looked up at him with shock which was enough to tell Venti that the answer was 'yes'.

"So, it's Scaramouche, huh..." Venti muttered, shoving some pasta into his mouth.

"Venti... How did you know?" Kazuha asked. Not even trying to deny it? Idiot. 

Scaramouche must have had the same thought since he shot a glare at Kazuha who just mumbled a "sorry."

"Well?" Venti said, his curiosity peaked now.

"You better not tell anyone." Scaramouche snapped. "That's all I'm going to say."

"How did you find out, though?" Kazuha asked. "It can't have been that obvious?"

"It was a guess." Venti answered, simply. 

"A guess?!" Kazuha and Scaramouche cried out, incredulously.

"Yeah, a guess. You guys just remined me of something so I took a shot and ended up being right." Venti told them.

"Reminded you of what? You're confusing us so much here!" Kazuha said.

"I guess I should come clean, huh? Since Scaramouche told me his, it's only fair I should speak up too." Venti said, with a sigh, before saying seven shocking words.