Chapter 36

The first thing you would probably notice when entering the mall was a tall young man sitting near the entrance with beautiful features. A sharp jawline, a turned-up nose, vanilla hair, and light blue eyes with a tint of silver to them. He tapped his high-heeled boots on the floor to the beat of whatever song was playing in his earphones as he drummed his multi-colored nails against his phone cover. He was wearing a silver hoop earring on one ear and a long dangling chain from the other with three silver studs.

"Oi, Tamaki! I'm back!" Hana declared, showing up with multiple shopping bags in her hands.

"About time. Got everything?" Tamaki said, taking his earphones out of his ear.

"Yeah, just one more shop to go!" Hana responded, twirling as she shows Tamaki the bags.

Tamaki smiles at his little sister's joy over this little shopping spree he took her on. Maybe not so short considering the amount of shopping bags next to Tamaki on the seat that he was holding on to while waiting for Hana to return from the next clothing store. They'd probably visited almost every single one in this mall.

"Come on, let's get this over with. I need to go back and study, you know." Tamaki said, getting up, as him and Hana held both the shopping bags.

"I knoww." Hana said, rolling her eyes as they walked to the escalator. "Are you going to come home for dinner this Saturday?" She asked suddenly as they stepped onto the moving steps.

Tamaki didn't reply. Coming home for dinner meant seeing his parents and meeting with his parents nowadays weren't exactly... the best. 

To explain this, you'd have to go all the way back into Tamaki's childhood. 

------

"Silence, woman! You woman have no say in anything! Just do the work like you're supposed to!" 

Tamaki could hear his father yelling at their mother from downstairs while hiding away in his room. His parents fighting were just a another part of his day throughout his entire childhood. Nights of peace were very rare. The fighting just seems to be increasing instead of stopping.

Tamaki's father was a very old-fashioned man, you could say. Society would label him as misogynistic and 'toxic masculinity'. He believed in the old way mindset of men being superior than woman and a wife should only follow the traditional path and has no rights. Just a servant to her husband. Tamaki's mother was a quiet woman who took all the hits since she was too small and weak to fight against their father. 

Tamaki hated their father for how he treated their mother and he swore as a child he would never grow up to be like him. But his father always forced Tamaki to 'act like a man'. If Tamaki cried, his father would yell at him. If Tamaki was found playing house with the girls in his class, his father would yell at him. If Tamaki did anything his father considered too 'soft', 'feminine' and weak', he would be yelled at. Tamaki's father did nothing but yell at his son for majority of his childhood. 

So, Tamaki stopped talking. He learned from his father that talking would only have him yelled at. He just sat there silently in the background, not taking part in anything and even his classmates had no interest in him and sometimes forgot he was even part of the class. The only person who Tamaki could talk freely around was Hana. 

They both had a three year age gap and were basically the only ones for each other in their messed up household. Their father would constantly yell at them if they fail at their 'duties' and tell them how they were a failure of a man or woman. They were just kids and already having all this stressed upon them. 

Tamaki would go to the park with Hana and they would just play together, all by themselves, until they met a pair.

It was a young four year old boy. He had indigo hair and was with his mother, who was a very beautiful woman with her purple hair tied in a long, thick braid. Tamaki took a great interest and tried to make friends with the boy. He approached him one day. The kid was playing with his toy cars all by himself while his mom rested on the bench.