Chapter 11

Today's lunch was definitely the most disgusting shit he had ever seen. Scaramouche felt revolted and so insulted. How could the school think that these were good and healthy lunch choices for their students? People who bring packed lunches were definitely in heaven unlike those who had to buy school lunches. Scaramouche got neither so he didn't suffer nor did he feel any pleasure.  He just felt... whatever.

Scaramouche pushed through the bustling crowds of annoying students, making way to the table where he normally sits with those four seniors. He still has no idea how he got roped into their little group and how this became a thing but it just happened and there was no getting out of it now.  These guys were stickier than glue. Once you get in with them, there's no getting out.

Not that Scaramouche didn't want to be their friends, if that's what they are... He enjoyed it, it was nice. He just wished some of them would stop being so nosy and Venti was just too loud it gave him a headache and Xiao was too quiet and awkward. He had no idea how these two opposites even became such a romantic pair. It was beyond his understanding and he chose not to even bother figuring it out. 

Scaramouche sat down across of Kazuha as he always does while everyone else was in this heated battle about which Honkai Star Rail character was the better one. Really, these nerds... they were almost in continuous arguments over characters in some games, these 2 Honkai games being their main targets. Scaramouche thinks the other one was called Honkai Impact 3rd? He wasn't sure. He just buried his head into his arms on the table as the other 4 carried on their pointless arguing.

"I say, Himeko is the best! She's so cool and she was the best from Honkai Impact too!" Heizou said.

"No, everybody knows the only amazing character is the Trailblazers. They've got such hilarious personalities." Venti contradicted.

"Personalities? What personalities? We make those personalities? Or are you referring to the fact that you and the Trailblazers share an iq of a newborn baby?" Kazuha shot at Venti.

"I don't see what's the point in arguing over this." Xiao said, breaking his two chopsticks apart to start eating. "Personally, I believe Welt is a nice character."

"Xiao, you're supposed to take my side!" Venti whined. "And why that old man? Does he remind you of Mr. Zhongli?"

"Why else would Xiao choose Welt than apart from the fact he's old like his dad." Heizou scoffed, leaning back in his chair, arms crossed.

"Well, excuse me but at least I have a parent. You're so desperate for a mother that you're constantly sticking on Himeko!" Xiao yelled at Heizou.

That most definitely touched a nerve.

"The fuck you know about it?!" Heiozu yelled back, slamming his hand on his desk. "At least my mother existed in my life! Who knows who hell your mother is?!"

"What the hell do you mean?! I had a mom!" Xiao shouted back.

"Oh, you mean Auntie Guizhong?! Didn't she die before you could walk?" Heizou said, rolling his eyes.

"You litte-!"

Xiao reached over knocking aside his lunch as he punched Heiozu, who immediately punched back before the two went in an all-out brawl. The entire cafeteria went crazy over this. People whipped out their phones as many students started screaming 'FIGHT!FIGHT!' while Venti and Kazuha tried to break up their two friends.

"Really, you two! Calm down!" Kazuha shouted over the din, as he dodged a random punch.

"You guys are fighting over something silly?! Stop it!" Venti yelled, desperately, as he grabbed at Xiao, trying to pull him back. 

In terms of physical strength, Venti was surprisingly one of the strongest and could immediately pull Xiao back, allowing Kazuha to warp his arms around Heizou to pull him back. But the two still tried to wrestle themselves out and as they flailed their arms ahead, trying to punch each other. In this confusion and mess, Xiao accidentally ended up punching Venti's nose.

"Ow!" Venti exclaimed, letting go of Xiao as his hands sprung to his nose. 

The cafeteria went silent as both Heizou and Xiao also stopped. Xiao seemed mortified that he had hit Venti of all people. This was a huge blow to him. Perhaps not as an huge as the blow he landed on Venti since that was definitely stronger like the blows Endeavour landed on his wife since that is how it sort is with this couple , Xiao hitting his beloved partner, Venti and he most surely broke Venti's nose... Yeah, I'll stop...

"Venti!" Xiao exclaimed, reaching forward to grabbed his hand but almost instinctively, Venti flinched and backed away. 

Scaramouche had no idea what was going on but he definitely knew this action by Venti had most likely broken Xiao's soul, heart and will to live into a million pieces. It looked as though all the light had vanished from Xiao's heart. And, surprise, surprise, Blood leaked out from behind Venti's hands. To make matters worse, the last person Xiao wanted to enter the room, entered.

"What's going on here? I heard some commotion?" Mr. Zhongli asked, as he stepped through the crowd of silent students. No one wanted to say anything but the little pigeon snitch of the house came.

"Xiao and Heizou were fighting, Sir!" Timmy said, as everyone send him piercing glares. "And Xiao punched Venti's nose, causing it to break and it's now bleeding!"

"For Celestia's sake, can't that asshole ever keep his mouth shut?!" Kazuha exclaimed in a low whisper so only Scaramouche heard. 

"Xiao?" Mr. Zhongli pushed through to the full scene where Kazuha stood, arms still under Heizou's to hold him back and Scaramouche standing next to those two and  Venti clutching his nose, eyes screwed shut but the tears of pain quite visible with Xiao next to him, standing hopeless and heartbroken at this.

Xiao would have liked any other teacher to come but his own dad?! And let's not forget he was also the one who was present the day Venti's situation was finally revealed to Miss Jean and him. Xiao knew he would never hear the end of it. In fact, he just wanted Mr. Zhongli to just punish him because he definitely would never be able to forgive himself for this. 

"All 5 of you, to the principle's office with me right now!" Mr. Zhongli said.

"What?! Why us?! We didn't even do anything?!" Scaramouche exclaimed as Kazuha nodded, both's expressions aghast.

"No questions, just come." Mr. Zhongli commanded, turning around.

"Well, this is fucked..." Kazuha mumbled as he let go off Heizou and Scaramouche whole-heartedly agreed.